• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

vitamins

arasara

Just wondering how many of you guys give your dog a daily vitamin?

Is it as important for a dog to have a daily vitamin as it is a person?

All of this talk about a maybe vitamin c deficeincy with Kosmo and his "fading nose" has got me wondering???

Sara I give King a multi-vitamin and mineral supplement daily...I do this because I only want the best for my kid...I mean if I'm taking a daily supplement then I want my kid to have the same boost I'm getting...

I use Dr. Foster/Smith "Lifestages Select Adult", http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=14473&N=2001+114001 , it's got everything you could think of that Kosmo needs... and if you want vitamin C for your Kosmo try their new "Lifestages Select Vita C", http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=15239&N=2001+114001

I'm actually going to be getting the Vita C for King this month so if you want we can both try them and see how it works for our pups...

Sara I hope you find something for Kosmo...and Kosmo you be good as always...

i don't give Zack a multivitamin, i don't know if he needs it. the ingreidents on the bag of food sound nutritionally thorough, plus raw veggies he gets and occasional other stuff. But i don't know. I don't take a multivitamin myself. i don't get sick much and get mild cases when i do, never miss a day at work from illness, not in many years. i've taken multivitimins and other supplements at different times and have to say i could never tell if it was doing me any good or not because i didn't feel any different one way or the other.

The one thing that made a dramatic difference in how i felt and actually changed my life, was changing my food. On the advice of a highly recommended very intuitive nutritionist, i made very big changes in what i did and didn't eat, and almost right away felt a difference, and as the months went by and then the years, i felt better and better and ended up very healthy. In essence, it was a low allergen selection of foods, and also no salt and no sugar. Very powerful effect in terms of my health.

My vet recommended that i sprinkle Missing Link on Zack's food. I got some. Reading the label on that can really sounded like the healthiest food in the world in terms of nutrition, every possible nutrient a body could need. i didn't end up giving it to him though, based on the 'if it ain't broken, don't fix it' principle.

I give Darby 1/4 tsp of Solid Gold SeaMeal in each meal along with a half squirt of Salmon Oil.

Hope this helps!

Hey Sara

Dudley & Darby get a Multi Mineral Complex Vitamin from Monica Segal 3 times a week. Monica advised that was sufficient, I also give them Solid Gold Seameal on their food.

You can have a look at www. monicasegal.com I still have some of her food next time I see you remind me to bring some over for Kosmo.
What do you think he will like meatloaf, fish or chicken. icon_whistling icon_whistling

oh Linda as long as it's "human food" he could care less what form it's in.. :roll: I need to start him on a vitamin I guess.. I don't like his nose discoloring @ all!!

Thanks for all of your comments guys :)

Sara, I have to give India vitamin C daily to help adjust her urine pH. This was prescribed by her vet. I buy 250mg chewables (for humans) and cut them in half with a pill cutter. She gets one half tablet every morning in her food. Any more than that seems to give her a tummy ache.

Back