• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

adding natural bran to food

inca

just wonderd if anyone does this ...i have started adding it to cara's food as she has already had her anal glands emptied twice at only 14 weeks old .....i noticed sometimes when she poo poo's she yelps on inspection the glands are full again .....i have been told this really helps has anyone else tried it ?

We add bran {a couple of tsps} 2 or 3 times a week, particuarly for Rupert as he's the most prone to blocked anal glands.

It bulks up the poo a bit so helps the glands to empty naturally. Unfortunately if they are frequently emptied manually that seems to make the problem worse :(

thanks Nicki .... i do wonder if she will be prone to this problem so the bran should help

thanks again :flwr:

Back