• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

tummy crawling

lily

lily has done this for the 1st time all day nearly today. i tell her to lie & she does but kind of crawls along..... is this another cav trick?? :D

:lol: sounds adorable! :lol:

Cinder doesn't do a "tummy-crawl" but it took us a really long time to teach him to roll-over (he just kept spinning in circles rather than rolling!)....so now he FINALLY has that trick down pat....but the problem is that he KNOWS that it's his "best" trick and when we hold and treat and tell him to do ANYTHING else (sit, lie-down, shake-a-paw, etc.) he ALWAYS rolls-over!! :sl*p:

Like he's saying "sit?!....well I can do BETTER than sit!!....watch this mum!" :jump:

Amber does this- sometimes as part of training, because she's just getting to grips with 'down', but she does it when she's playing with Holly too- trying to slither along and look harmless, whilst on the time poised to pinch Holly's treat/toy!

Fauna has done that same thing since she was really little. I started saying "crawl on your belly" when she would do it, now she does it on command. It is so funny to see her coming across the carpet like some GI Joe. :lol:

JaneB

In obedience training class, we were told to return the pup to the spot where they were originally told 'down'.

Maybe they don't know that 'down' means 'down-stay', and they want to be somewhere else! :lol:

I've seen lots of breeds, including gsds do it at obedience classes. They are doing the down, but are not staying. I always say 'stay down' while showing the flat of my hand.

Cedar crawls all the time. It's very cute, but after awhile, it's annoying!

Our training facility has a ribbed plastic flooring, and the minute we enter Cedar drops to her belly and crawls all over. It's very annoying when we are demonstrating to a class different obedience commands, and Cedar decides she just wants to feel the ribbing on her belly. :roll:

She does the same when she's on carpet. Most of our house is wood flooring and ceramic tile, so when she gets on carpet she immediately just starts crawling around. It is unmistakable that she enjoys it, but it is really annoying when you call her to come and instead of running over to you, she decides to crawl the length of the carpet.

well when most will pay loads to teach tummy crawling, lily has taught her pretty self.. we only have the living room carpeted so i guess thats why she loves the living room...

Back