• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can dogs stop a "cavalier snort"?

Natalie

Lady did a cavalier snort the other day and i tilted her and rubbed her chest and it stop. If she did this when we were out or at night time. Would she know how to stop it herself and would her breathing return to normal? thanks for any advice natalie

Yes they can stop by themselves. I suppose in very extreme cases they could pass out, but then being relaxed they would begin to breath normally again.Holding a finger over the nostrils ,for a few seconds , works, too.

Yep, they'll stop by themselves eventually. The "snort session" will last longer if you're not there to stop it, but I promise no harm will come of your baby. :flwr:

Good thanks for your replies it puts my mind at ease knowing that she would be able to stop by herself if she was on her own.

Back