• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Strange Behavior

G

Gillian

Do any of your dogs start barking as if something is there and it isnt.
Abby started barking at the corner of the living room where there is a plant , but its been there all along. Also acting scared , backing up etc.
It was really weird and she would not stop doing this until I finally distracted her by taking her in another room , then she finally did come in living room and slept on couch.
She also refused to eat right away , yesterday, which is something she has NEVER done.
Is it possible that she may be going in heat as she is 7 months old. Would that cause this sort of behavior.
Any thoughts on subject are welcome.

Sometimes, if they look at something from a different angle , it can scare them. in the past, mine have been spooked by blankets left with a corner folded over, items like coats piled up and leaves trodden into the house and appearing to move by themselves (A Joly speciality).

Yes mine spook at things sometimes...Rupert is very aware if something is out of place.

However it could be that she's coming into season, their behaviour does change, also they tend to go off their food...

Please do a search on "season" on here, there is lots of useful information

Thanks for your prompt answers. It always helps to know that someone is out there to talk to.

Back