• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Saw another Cav yesterday

laurenlyn1

this is the first time i've seen another cav other than my friends and her sisters. i went to petsmart to get brady's picture taken with santa and brady was all about the other puppy that was on the floor, i didn't even notice that the lady standing next time him and a blenheim. the sniffed eachother and it went well. her guy was a little scared of brady probably because he's got so much spunk in him. there also was a lady in the parking lot that looked at brady and she told me that she was thinking of getting a rescue. and then santa's helper (picture taker) knew what kinda dog brady was. i usually have to explain myself when people ask what kinda dog brady is and not many people have heard of them around here.

I almost never saw Cavaliers around here where I live (west central WI), but now I am seeing a few here and there. And today I even saw Bentley's full brother for the first time since I bought Bentley a year ago!

Don't see many in my small town or the neighboring good sized city either. About a year ago I saw a pretty blenheim girl about a mile a way from hous and then about 2 blocks away, turns out to be the same dog.
I just got to speak the her owner this week when she was walker that dog and the tri pup they got this summer. Oh I did see a woman at the local Walmart that had to 2 cutest ruby girls I have seen! Apparently she is a breeder based in the area(she wasn't selling the pups, just letting them out for potty and stretching the legs). The local vet says she has a couple patients besides Ariel that are cavs. Must be homebodies! :D

I am a dork like that who will stop if I have time to chat up cav or greyhound owners... Or any dog that catches my eye for that matter.

I some time pick my niece up from school. I always bring Tucker with me. He causes a stir, with the children and the parents, grandparents, etc while we wait for the bell to ring and the kids to come out. Everyone asks what he is, no one has ever known what a cavalier is and they all gush over him. He loves it too. He's come to expect lots of attention from EVERYONE. I introduced him to the trashmen one morning, because he was doing his excited, crying whine to get to them. The guys were great, came over and patted him. He considers my neighbor his buddy. Whenever Bob is out and we are too, Tucker has to go see him.

Actually there are quite a few in my area--they are fairly popular and, of course they also call Bishop... Elizabeth Taylor :badgrin:

In our neighborhood there were 4 (2 Blenheims, 2 Tris)--I haven't seen one in a while so perhaps they moved and one of my neighbors who loves Bishop was going to get one (but can't anymore because of work, which is quite sad, so Bishop goes to cheer her up). One of them lives directly across the street (though he tries to bite Bishop every time we see him) and I have seen a couple in other neighborhoods around us.

I also know there are some just down the road from us, my husband saw a student with a Cavalier puppy a few weeks ago and I have a student who tried getting into my class by telling me his parents have two and his sister has one...Chapel Hill is pretty Cavalier friendly. :D

Elizabeth Taylor :lol: I loved those episodes on Sex and the City, particularly when Mario Cantone (can't remember his character's name) asked to borrow Elizabeth because she was such a "guy magnet"

Yes and I have to agree with him! Men absolutely love Bishop! There are houses under construction around us and I have never seen so many movers, construction workers and landscapers stop their work and get down on their knees to talk to Bishop (like a baby, which he is). It's really very sweet. :)

Back