• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A tragic morning .. warning for puppy owners..

babyC

my girl's bestfriend..my godson, Coby,a 6 months old dascshund , passed away early this morning .. 1 am.. now is 8 am and i still can't sleep.. we just came back from burying him. It was a horrible horrible night.. it still feels surreal, feels like a dream where everything is going to be alright when i sleep later. Wake up and Coby will be there to welcome Cherrise..

Coby's Mom still can't believe what happened.. one moment he was with his daddy, and then he was gone.. the thing that i can't get over with is he choked on a lip balm's cap!?! unbelievable! When Coby's dad is just right in front of him on the bed????? how stupid can this whole thing be??? how small things are everywhere on their floor..?!!
NEVER EVER LEAVE ANYTHING ON THE FLOOR puppy owners.. ! N E V E R !
make sure all the toys are safe too ! no small parts or whatsoever..

I loved him very much.. it was so painful for his mom.. we were just letting them play in the park earlier and then we had to go to study for a while .. let him inside his cage with her boyfriend in the house.. and then Coby was gone..
she's still crying like crazy, regretting that she ever left him inside the house without her supervision.. she can only say "why.. why did I leave him, why .. tell me why he has to die... why .. "

when she found him, his eyes were open, lying there, breathless.. it's the worst feeling in the world. feeling helpless. i panicked, the death part took quite sometime to sink in my brain. I could not believe it! I still can't!
she was screaming and screaming, i felt helpless. so helpless. i never felt so helpless before in my life... can never imagine myself in that situation.. .. it was unbelievable how he went.. on his birthday.. today is his birthday.. he's exactly 6 month. Today is the day that we are taking him out for his Bday party, like we did for Cherrise.....and now it's all gone... their house feels so empty.. we miss Coby very much already.. we really do.... love you Coby....

in memoriam..
Coby a.k.a Sleepy..

312975770_57d717f0f6.jpg

best buddies..

312987619_6ae6302c22.jpg

312975772_4be2b48b70.jpg

Oh how sad!!!
I am so so sorry for you and your friend. What a darling little doggy and what a tragedy.
Just terrible :( !

I'm so sorry this happened to little Coby and all who are feeling his loss. :( It hits so hard when these things happen. :(

This is a wake up call to pick up every little thing off the floors and low surfaces to keep puppies safe, especially the tiny objects like staples, twist ties, and those little plastic things that attach price tags, etc.

I am so very sorry for all of you. May you find comfort in all the support and warm thoughts coming your way.

Oh honey, your post is so moving, I am in tears.

I wish there was something that I could do or say to help, he was a beautiful dog and right now, like so many times in life, the world seems dreadfully unfair.

Sending a big cyber hug your way xx

This is too sad :( I'm very sorry for you both, may God help you through the sorrow. It's so hard and unfair when things like this happen.
Thousand hugs from me and the dogs :hug: :'(

:cry*ing: Poor little baby! This hurts my heart. Give her an extra couple of hugs from me and fur kids :cry*ing: *ng*l

i'm so sorry, poor cody. what a painful loss. i hope your friend can forgive herself, this was a freak kind of thing. while we should all keep such small objects away from our dogs, especially in the stage where they put everything in their mouths, what happened to your friend could happen to anyone unfortunately. There are thousands and thousands of dogs in thousands of homes where people don't pick up debris at all, and usually nothing like this happens. It's especially hard in homes where there are children, and where parents are spread thin with jobs, to avoid leaving something lying around. Yet in most cases, it doesn't result in tragedy.

Meanwhile, dogs have choked to death on rawhide dog chews and pieces of chew toys they manage to bite off, while in the presence of their owners.

Things like what happened to Cody are good wake up calls for everyone, to be more careful, and if that's the result, at least he won't have died in vain. But as for your poor friend blaming herself, it's a natural enough response and i'm sure i would feel that way too, but this was a freak accident that is no one's fault, obviously Cody was clearly deeply loved and very well cared for, and it's a dreadful tragedy.

i'm so sorry it happened, and i thank you for sharing the story of it, i will be more careful.

i have little plastic boxes that i got at Big Lots that have snapping lids that are spread around the living room and other places, which i put little objects in when i'm not going to be there supervising, miscellaneous items that before i got Zack, would be left lying around because they get used often. Your story is a wake up call that even when you are there to supervise, a tragedy can happen in an instant.

my deepest sympathy to little cherrise on the loss of her best friend. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss. Having these little guys is a big responsibility sometimes. I know I worry about Tucker putting every little thing in his mouth. Some people think it's ridiculous to have these fears, and then we hear a story like what happened to your friend and we know our fears are not unfounded.

I believe that all dogs go to heaven. I really do. I know that offers little comfort at a time like this. I'm crying without even knowing you. No wonder we all watch over our dogs. I was fortunate that Tucker didn't die when he was 7 months old and ate half a pair of my sunglasses. They were sitting on a coffee table and while I was doing laundry he grabbed them. Your friend is blameless. Maybe if she reads these comments she'll come to accept that. In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Gosh, this story just brought tears to my eyes. Poor Coby, what a beautiful puppy. My thoughts are with you and you're friend.

OMG I am so sorry to hear about Coby, I am so very sad to read this. I don't know what to say, except celebrate the wonderful life he had with you and your friend, dogs are such little Hoover vacuums, and it is so impossible to know what they will do next. Bentley is forever putting stuff in his mouth too and I go nuts trying to keep everything out of his reach, we all do what we can, but it isn't anyone's fault.

:( :( Omg this is such terrible news! i am so very very very sorry for your loss! it mustve been awful seeing him lying on the floor like that..i can understand why she is so much pain.

Coby seemed like such a beautiful boy, and is so adorable (i am quite partial towards daschunds) it must be horrible to lose him now at that age, and in such a bad way. Please tell your friend not to blame herself as it could happen to anyone anytime and take comfort in the fact that he is probably in a better place right now.

Deepest sympathies from me as well.. :hug: to both you and your friend.

So sorry to read this post. Accidents happen thats why they call them accidents. Libby is forever getting things. Even after I have vaccummed. It's a tough job keeping these little ones safe. I tell the kids that I have retrieved more things from the dogs mouths then I ever did from them!

You and your friend are in my thoughts.

Back