• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Constipation!

sinecurea

Hi Folks,
I was eating at the table tonight, when I heard yelps from Ruby, when I looked, she was pooing beside the back door (tut, tut!) but she was looking over at me looking for help. She passed a few little, very solid poos, but it was obviously very painful for her.

Is there anything I can do immediately to help her? I've been feeding her the same thing, so as far as I know her diet hasn't changed at all, so I'm not sure what could be causing it.

Cheers,
S.

You could try giving her either yams or canned pumpkin. That has worked for my shih tzu who has chronic constipation. The high fiber makes them more regular. It will also do the opposite if she ever has the runs.

If this just started up out of nowhere I would be concerned because it was causing her pain. I would be worried that she ate something she shouldn't have and can't pass it.

I would take her to the vet to be on the safe side, since she's so young. If she did eat something that won't pass, the pumpkin might make matters worse.

I agree with Cathy, I would get her to the vet asap maybe even withdraw food till then ?? Just a stab in the dark thinking if she does not eat she will pooh less. Obviously only if your going to take her to the vet asap, not anymore than 24 hours.

Back