• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Phone call from vet

sallymum

Got a call this morning from local vet to say did i know anyone that wants a 16 week old male cav. Guess what i have in my kitchen now.
Toby is a georgeous bleinam(sp) the owners daughter is asmatic and was getting worst with the dog in the house.
Will i keep him i will see how he gets on with Sam i know there will be no probs with Sally. so Karlin you might be getting a call of me.

omg - not another one in need.

Good luck - I hope all goes well with yours and that maybe you have a new addition :)

Oh thank goodness the vet thought to call you - bless you for taking in this wee fellow, I hope he gets on ok with yours and please keep us posted.

How wonderful of your vet to call you! My vet has called when an owner had to have their Cavalier pts and asked me to keep an ear open to a rescue for them.

How are they getting along? What a neat surprise!

sallymum said:
Got a call this morning from local vet to say did i know anyone that wants a 16 week old male cav. Guess what i have in my kitchen now.
That's exactly how I got my Abby. I was supposed to find her a home, but I failed at fostering and couldn't let her leave. I got Cappy from the breeder 12 hours later, so it was an exciting time at my home! Good luck and enjoy!

After a mad 2 hrs of Sam barking his head off at Toby, which sam does at every dog we meet out on walks, (karlin is there anything i can do about this)They have all settled really well. Toby is great toilet trained, lead trained, sally loves him but then sally loves everyone. So fingers crossed everything will go ok.

Ohhhh How exciting!!!! I'm glad they are getting on now.

I wish a cavie baby would just come and drop in my lap!! Here's for hoping I get my Christmas wish!! :xfngr: My mom has these Christmas ornaments that we call "wishing stars". Ever year that I have made a wish it has come true....I know what I am wishing for this year!!

Talk to a trainer about the barking. Did you call Theresa? Or email Tara or Lisa to get her name and number? I don't have her contact details but she's a good trainer in your area.

That was good that the vet thought of u!!

is there a trainer in laois??? how old do they need to be before u can bring them to a trainer??

Karlin said:
Talk to a trainer about the barking. Did you call Theresa? Or email Tara or Lisa to get her name and number? I don't have her contact details but she's a good trainer in your area.
Yeah i emailed tara last week, supposed to be getting back to me with the details.

Sallymum,

I'm also in Laois and have a bit of a problem with my cav barking at other dogs. Any word from the trainer? I'm going to try to get him used to my sister's westie. But if it doesn't work I'll talk to a trainer. Interested to hear how you get on.

T

Sorry havent been on line for awhile i have no computor at home any more. Toby is now well settled gets on great with them all. Havent found a trainner in Laois yet the one karlin told me about know longer does this anymore. So i may keep looking. What part of laois are u in, Maybe if ur not to far awy we could meet up some time.
Prob wont be back on line till Monday now, found a inter net cafe so i will be back on line a couple of times aweek.

Back