• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ozzy's Knees

Claire

Hi Guys, took Ozzy back to the Vets this morning and they want to get him in to xray and play about with his knees and if needed do the surgery at the sametime. My poor little baby :(

We are just waiting to see what day they can do this and if the vets can do a direct claim to our insurance company as the cost will be approximately £800.00, he is not in any pain, but will need to be done. Adrian suggested that the recover time will be about a month - what are your experiences after during and after the operation?

Recovery time is much more than a month. We had Daisy Boo crated for 9 weeks and still crated unsupervised up to the eleventh week.

Poor Ozzy :flwr: Best of luck.

Shelby's recover was 8 weeks. That was 8 weeks of not being off leash outside and being penned inside. Limited walks gradually increasing each week once we started. Hope he is okay.

India's recovery time was the same length as Daisy Boo's. We did not start leash walking on pavement until after India's 8 week check up.

Had a phone call from the vets yesterday afternoon, he is going in on Wednesday morning at 8.10.... :( He will have the xrays and they will test his knees and hips and if surgery is needed will do it then and there, if they do the surgery they will keep him in over night then I can collect on Thursday - they are not sure of the recovery at the moment - but will all be explained when I collect him. At the moment I just have a travel crate, but will probably gets a larger crate - not sure what I need until they let me know though. I will need to bring him to work for the next two week so he should be okay with me, evenings he will have to sit on us or go in the crate and at night will need to check whether okay in with me or in a crate next to me. I am off all over Christmas and then will still be able to bring him to work or do reduced hours or try and work from home. My main worry is Woody who loves playing with him.

That's alot to deal with! Please keep us updated.

Yes, it's difficult for the dogs when they have been accustomed to playing. I would not let India out of her crate or xpen unless Geordie was safely in another xpen. I was determined not to let anything go wrong!

Ozzy will probably be most comfortable on an orthopedic pad in his crate, the foam kind that has a raised and lowered pattern. India preferred that over anything. And she liked a rolled fleece blanket to lean on.

168852182_da5d2f7eca_m.jpg

Hugs to all of you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Back