Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: it hurts :(

Post Thanks / Like

so sad reading about your baby..
    my deepest sympathy to you, your partner and your parents.

your arrangement with your sister sounds wonderful, i wish i had something like that.

my first dog, when i was a kid, was teddy, she died by being hit by a car after she had run away when she got scared by firecrackers. the pain never goes away. I wanted a new dog right away. but the next two i had, i didn't get close to, they were not that kind of dog, the way teddy was. then after i moved away from my parents, i got frank and she was my best friend and constant companion for 13 years. she died of cancer. It was and always will be painful to lose frank, but teddy's death was more terrible because she was young (4 years old) and died in that violent way. after frank, my life circumstances didn't permit getting a dog. now, 25 years later, i got zack. your story is a reminder of how precious each moment with them is. you never know what's going to happen.

jana--the story of the old dog was very comforting to me somehow. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

thank you all for your kind words

i still miss my beautiful baby, but if you will note my avatar, my husband and i decided to give a home to a new baby - meet Penny

they say that people(/dogs) can "take the space but never the place" - this is definitely true.. i will never ever forget Poppy, I think about her every day... BUT in this case, Penny has got a whole new place for herself hehe - she's absolutely beautiful (no bias here )
    Katie

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Katie! I am soooo happy for you. I know your heart is still broken but this new baby will give you great joy and the love you need to heal.
    God bless you all!

Nancy
    Teddy and sweet, little Katydid

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Katie - Penny will help you heal over the loss of Poppy. The day after I had to have my 14.5 year old basset hound put to sleep, I found Pippin. It really does help to have a new little one in your life. The puppy is someone to hold and love and take care of.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Katie, so glad you found Penny! She is adorable! Puppies can be sooo healing.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I've just lost my wee boy, not thru death as I had to re-house him but it's just as hard. In my case our vet advised me that he may not survive a flight from New Zealand to western australia, let alone the change in climate. So I think that I did the right thing for him. I was told by his new family that I'm welcome to visit before I leave here but that would just make things more difficult for me. Yet the regular phone calls and e-mails help a bit. on the funny side it seems that "sir" did not appreciate being marched off to the "doggy dentist" and actually bit someone for the first time ever. He's 10 yr old and had been with me for the last 6 years.

Post Thanks / Like

kiwi, I'm so sorry that you're having to go through that, I know you will have put him in a great new family so hopefully seeing him happy with them with give you some kind of peace.. Maybe you can get him a brother in your new home?

(sorry it took me so long to reply, we've moved house and have no internet!)
    Katie

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry...what an horrifying experience. I hope that it does work out for you to get a new pup some day.