• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rats Tail ?

Justine

When does their tails go all fluffy ? Alfie tail is on par to a rats .P.S.dont tell my daughter .

Colby's started to Unfurl when he was about 4 months old ?? Its been fully fluffy since about 6 months ;)

We got our Buddy at six months and it was not a rat's tail but was not particularly full. It probably took until he was a year old to look like a true Cavelier tail. Still does not have the best tail going and I have to brush it out three or four times a week for the feathers to look good. He is our sweetie nonetheless. :D

Wesley has the most gorgeous fan tail...but it didn't come in until about 8 months for it to really loosen up and hang down. Cody still has the rat tail at 5 months, but his little fringe on his front legs is coming in nicely. It looks really funny because it sticks straight out and it is all the same length. It looks like he has a mohawk running down the back of his legs. :lol:

rats tail

Alfie is about 7 months now so hopefully it will un curl within the next 3 months cant wait.Hpoefully i didnt upset anyone with the nick name,although my 6 yr old doesnt find it funny.

Woody has a lovely tail and nice back leg feathering, thats it though, no long ears, chest of feathering on his front - we are hoping he is a late developer - Ozzy has more than him.. :yikes

I thought the little "rat's tail" was so cute on Coco! or any cav puppy for that matter! When I first saw her at the breeder's, it was soooo short!

I like her tail now too though since it has started to unfurl, although I'm sure it has a long way to go!

You know, it was the Cavalier's tail that first attracted me to the breed over the Cocker Spaniel... I think the little nubbin' tails look funny....

My first experience with a Cavalier was around some other Spaniels and when I saw the Cavie's tail first... it was just history from there! I fell in love with the breed!! So prettty!

It's no age, it depends of the origins (lineage). Don't worry the hair will grow.
My Wendy (english cavalier - from Walles) remained for months very "ugly". She had later a lot of hair, and not only on the tail :lol:
Just wait ;)

Back