Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Missouri Girls

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Missouri Girls

Okay, don't laugh but I now have two little ones to foster. My DH thinks I've gone mad but oh, my, they are just too sweet for words. The larger tri is Ella, she came to us a week ago on Saturday. The little bitty Tri is Abby - (or Flabby as my 2 year old grand son called her - Flora, Fauna, Flabby???) we took her in this Saturday. Abby is a real toot, really full of spunk. As you will see, I'm not the only one smitten by the 2 little girls. It is a zoo at our house, but what fun! Hope you enjoy these silly pics.

What follows are way too many photo's - 6 I think ! What's a girl to do?

Ella, Rudy, Flora & Fauna

Abby after her 1st ever bath

Jane - way too early in the AM, sans makeup and anything else that might improve one's appearance. But John caught ALL of them in the same photo frame - a miracle, vanity be damned! (that's Fauna sitting on my shoulders)

My Grandson, Aiden with (FL)Abby and Fauna

Rudy with his two Foster sisters - what a big mush!

John, bless his heart with all 4 of the girls - Gotta love a man that helps baby Foster doggies! (He does look a bit stunned.)

JaneB
    PS Mickey, I'm afraid I'm going to be a miserable failure at fostering!

Post Thanks / Like

Jane ,
    John looks as if he has plenty more room on his knee for lots more fosters , I'm afraid I'd be like you and be a failure at fostering especially such cutie's you seem to have . They look totally content on their Dad's knee and seem to have made themselves at home . As one of the signatures say's on the website , cavaliers are like chocolate the more you have the more you want . Enjoy your adopted fur babies . Give them a hug from me .
    Mimi
    Mum to Heidi ( Tri-female ) Nifa (Blenheim female ) & Rua ( Ruby male )
    & Cavalier Angel Ruby ( Blenheim female ) at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Jane, what a happy sweet bunch of lovely dogs. GBY for taking them in and letting them know what a loving home is like! It will be very hard to let these cuties go! LOVE the name Flabby!
    Molly and Murphy (tri), Katie (ruby), Casey (B/T),Spike the wonder pup (tri), Suzie (tri) and Penny (blen)

Mic Guest

Jane:

You Go. Girl! They are soooo sweet. And seem to fit right in with your gang. You should probably keep 'em. You know you want to.

I have one mini-foster right now. I picked him up from his real foster mom on Sunday and am meeting his "real" dad at the airport tomorrow. The only way I can bring a new dog home with out keeping it is if I know the pup already has a forever home. But this little guy is sooo cute, I told his new family that if I had him for one day longer they'd probably have to pry him from me.

What's the story on Abby? Was she from the same auction group? It looks like you're gonna be a LS regular. What fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Abby (had to consciously prevent myself from writing 'Flabby') looks likes she's only four months or so. She's precious. How did such a baby end up in foster? Ella doesn't look that much older either, if her tail is anything to go by.

You and your husband take such marvellous pics. The one of Flora and your husband reading the paper is one of my all time favourites.
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

Abby aka Flabby was part of a mill that was going out of business. She was born sometime in August and was the littlest of the "rescue." We did end up with several from that group that were around 4-6 months old. I'm afraid we will fail with her fostering. John is in love.

I'm pretty sure that Ella came from an auction - not a very nice one at that - not that there are any good ones. Ella is amazing! She is already telling me when she needs to go outside, you'd think she had been born to this kind of life. I think she may already have a new mom who is a dog trainer and works with therapy dogs. Her elderly Cav passed away a few months ago and she is looking for a girl that could be used in nursing home and hospital situations. Ella will be brilliant in that role. She is very calm for a puppy and a real snuggler. Her patella surgery will take place late in December so she should be ready for her new home by early February. She'll be within a short driving distance so I think I can live with that - maybe. I had no idea how hard fostering would be - the letting go is going to be a challenge but the right thing to do.

Thanks for all the encouragement. This is turning out to be such a rewarding experience. Although when I returned home from a short errand this evening I found the entire morning paper torn to shreds and the kitchen a disaster area. I was going to post a picture of the mess but I'm afraid it might discourage others from wanting to foster.

JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

What fantastic pictures!!! Good thing you pointed out Fauna on your shoulder...I never would have spotted her. Oh my...is your grandson asleep?! That picture is too precious. Rudy and John....gotta love the precious patient guys!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

What a loving chaos you are living in now. How wonderful.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done you for taking these little ones .... looks like everyone's settled in well and having a great time
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

What great pics! I know you are having a blast!
    Lindsay
    Proud mom of Spencer (tri), Izzy (blen), Tilly (tri) and Howie the cava-cat