• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi! My Cavaliers and I are new to your site!

LoveMyBoys

Hello to all of my fellow Cavalier lovers! I am SO excited to find this site. Let me start by wishing all of you and your beautiful Cavaliers a happy and healthy upcoming holiday season.

I live in the United States, and I am the proud Mom of three Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Lucky and Curtis are my two blenheim Cavaliers. They're two and a half years old, and they are certified therapy dogs. Lucky, Curtis, and I visit nursing homes, hospitals, and schools on a regular basis, and that has been incredibly heartwarming and rewarding for all of us. Mocha (also called Mo) is my ruby Cavalier. Mo is two years old, and he is my baby. All of my boys are incredibly loved and spoiled beyond explanation. I wouldn't have it any other way though :D

I have been blessed to have Cavaliers in my life since 1988. I got my first two blenheim Cavaliers during the spring of that year and instantly fell in love. In 1992, I added a ruby to my life. Those three Cavaliers shared my life with me until three years ago, when they all died within six months of each other. My heart was broken, to say the least. I knew, however, that I couldn't ever live without Cavaliers in my life, so I contacted my respected Cavalier breeder. That's when Lucky entered my life. Now, the tradition of having three Cavaliers (two blenheims, one ruby) continues on through Lucky, Curtis, and Mo.

I'm hoping that I posted my picture correctly. Every year, I take a picture of my boys and use it to make personal Christmas cards. Last year, I decided to pose the boys around my sled in the snow. Of course, they wore their down coats because it was cold outside! My boys LOVE to have their pictures taken. Once they see my camera, they begin dancing around in anticipation of their picture being taken. These Cavaliers are smart, aren't they?

Well, that's just a little background on me and my boys. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone on this site. Take care, everyone, and give your sweet Cavalier an extra little hug from me and my boys!

Awww...your pups are adorable! Great shot!

:flwr: Welcome. :flwr:

Your boys are adorable and I love the down coats.

My ruby baby is named Lucky too. :)

icon_welcome to the site and looking forward to hearing more about your boys!! You're going to love being a member of this site.

Happy upcoming holiday season to all of you as well. :flwr:

Hi there!
Welcome to you, Lucky, Curtis and Mo! They look beautiful in the photo.

I really love the photo of your cavaliers in the snow with the sled. It's PERFECT. This board organized a cavalier calendar this year of our own dogs- I think that photo would have been lovely for December (perhaps next year? ;) ). I'd love to see the pictures you have taken in previous years for your Christmas cards.

Coco, my 5.5 month old blenheim girl, is my first cavalier. She's such a sweetheart. :l*v: She's really brightened up my home.

I'm sure you will enjoy this board.
:flwr:

Lucky, Curtis and Mo are gorgeous. Welcome to the site. A great place for cavalier lovers. Seasons Greetings to you too. Do they actually go sledding? Tucker loves to slide down my hallway on the hardwood floor, he runs and slides, usually in pursuit of a ball.

they are fab dogs, the picture is just brilliant with the snow and all!! that would be fab on an xmas card!

Welcome! Your furbabies are beautiful. You also have good taste in tag lines!!!

Where in VA are you? I'm in Richmond.

Welcome...my boys our on our Xmas card also...but our snow is a little sandy in Florida (see my avatar!)

Welcome aboard! Lucky, Curtis, and Mo look so adorable in the snow. I love that picture. Looking forward to learning about you and your dogs! I do therapy with my oldest too. Isn't it great!

Beautiful! I love the picture! In Belgium it doesn't snow that often but a year or two ago i did and i went outside with my blenheim Cavalier to take "romantic" pictures!
I slipped, i hurted myself, my camera was broken and i had no picture of my Spottie in the snow.....
Maybe this year i hope for snow and I can take such lovely picture like you did!

Hello again to all of my fellow Cavalier fans!

Thank you so much for the loving and warm welcome to this forum. I can tell that I am going to enjoy getting to know everyone and talking about my favorite passion in life - Cavaliers!

I LOVE all of the pictures of your adorable fur babies. I can just look at a Cavalier picture and feel the spirit and soul of the dog shining through. Every time I see a picture in your avatars, I stop and stare for a long time at your precious furry angels. Beautiful!!

Coco's Mom - Yes, we'd be incredibly honored to have one of our pictures in your calendar. What a great idea!! Do you have any calendars for sale for the upcoming year? I can never have too many Cavalier calendars :D

I'm quite passionate when it comes to taking dog pictures. What started as a small hobby when Lucky and Curtis were puppies has blossomed into a big interest of mine. Have any of you ever seen any the dog calendars published by Workman Publishing in NYC? They publish the wall calendar called 365 Puppies a Year and the box calendar called 365 Dogs. Every year, they hold a contest in which people submit pictures of their dogs, and the winning entries are published in their calendars. Anyway, I began submitting pictures when my boys were pups, and four pictures have been published in the puppy wall calendar. Also, the picture to the left (my avatar) was just published in the 365 Dogs box calendar (2007 edition). It's really fun to enter these contests, and all you have to do is send in a picture to Workman Publishing. After looking at the pictures of your beautiful angels, I don't see how they could resist using some of your pictures too!

Also, below, I've tried to attach the first picture that I used to make my Christmas card two years ago. Mocha hadn't joined my family yet. (He was still being raised by his dog Mom at that point :p )

Joanne - That's too funny that Tucker loves to slide down your hallway on the hardwood floors!! My dogs are horrified when they go skidding on a slipperly floor. And, no, they don't go sledding. After I took that picture, the boys quickly climbed off the sled and ate snow.

Lani - How cool that your beautiful ruby is named Lucky too! Your Lucky is gorgeous!

GudrunTheRed - Wow, you live in Richmond? I'm in Lynchburg, which isn't too far from you. And, yes, we do have good taste in tag lines! Every time Lucky, Curtis, and I visit a hospital, I always bend down and kiss them while whispering in their eye, "My little dog, my heartbeat at my feet." So, it seemed appropriate that I use that as my tag line.

Duncans_ma - Oh, my..I didn't realize that your dogs were playing in the sand! I assumed that it was snow. What a great pic!!! And what an even greater Christmas card!

flossie-spottie - Be careful in the slipperly Belgium snow! I also broke my camera when I was trying to take a picture of the boys running in the park. Oh, well...they're worth it!

Well, I've been rambling on long enough. When I start talking about Cavaliers, I go on and on and on... (Can you tell?) Anyway, take care, everyone. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Here's the picture I used on the 2004 Christmas card:
315827806_54dab10703_o.jpg

Your photographs are amazing!! Great photography is much easier when you have stunning dogs (which you do!!!). More pics please!!!! You are absolutely right about how the cavalier spirit just shines through the lense. Every time I see a new avatar on this site I want to snuggle my computer!!

Oh I'm late at welcoming you! I don't know how I missed your intro initially. Welcome to a fellow passionate about Cavaliers gal! I am so sorry you lost all three of yours within a six month period. Oh that must have been so heartbreaking.

Your pups are all adorable. So glad to have you here!

Back