• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello Everyone

PamH

My name is Pam and my husband is Bruce. My husband is retired and I work full time.
Our little yorkie died in June after 14 yrs of a healthy life.
At the time we agreed not to get another puppy.
About a month ago, my DIL who has a Burmese Mountain Dog decided she would like a cavalier puppy. I helped her to locate a breeder and got pics of the puppy that was available. Then my son talked her into getting another Burmese. Well, by then I was already in love with my "granddaughter". So my husband is picking her up tonight!
We both met her on Sunday and she is so beautiful and sweet!
We will call her Maddy (Princess Madeleine).
Pam

Welcome Pam! What a great story--sounds like it was meant to be.

Please post pictures of Maddy when you can--we'd love to meet her, too!

icon_welcome Pam!
That's a sweet story. Cavaliers are hard to resist aren't they?
You must be so excited! Have fun with Maddy and we hope to hear all about her. :wggle:

I am trying to post the pic of us meeting her for the first time. I opened a flickr account and clicked image, copied the URl and clicked image again but when I do a preview there is no photo, only the URL shows.
Pam

Hi Pam,
I had the same problem. There is advice from flickr FAQ:
http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#68
You must open the pics in "all size" and you can read the right url of pic below. Then you press Img button here, put the url and again press Img.
I am looking forward to your pics!

Hi Pam, You're story is allmost similar to mine so i totally understand your feelings.
I had my yorkshire for allmost 18 years and when i had to let him go i'lost a piece of me and was so hartbroken i decided not to take another doggy.
But.....3 weeks after i was so lost and my husband sad to me "we are not the people to live without a dog" and he encouraged me to look on the net to the cavaliers because he once met a cavalier by one of his cliënts and thought it was such a lovely dog.
Once i looked on the internet i was lost, when i saw these lovely faces and beatiful eyes i wanted to feel the love again i lost with my yorkshire (his name was Flossie). The day my cavalier Spottie came with us we are "in love" and so happy i chose him. I went to pick him up the same day!
So you see, all of us here on cavaliertalk really know what you are feeling!
You will be so happy!
Good luck and hope to see very soon some picture of your adorable puppy!

Here she is! Thank you for the help.

315352514_54130a0720_t.jpg

I trimmed the photo so you can see her better even though it is not as clear.

315610344_1af0256b83_o.jpg

The grandaughter is now a daughter!! You all look so happy together, it was really meant to be. What a wonderful Holiday gift!

Back