Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afraid of go to the backyard at night!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Afraid of go to the backyard at night!!!

Hi,
    My pup Lia, 9 weeks old, is potty trained in the backyard, but at night she's afraid to go outside to pee. She is a little bit afraid when playing outside and pees inside at the door.
    How can I manage that?
    (she can't go at the street because of her vaccinations)
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like

go outside with her. She's so young!! At this stage you should really be going outside with her and praising her every single time she's gone potty immediately when she squats. Good Luck!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Yes do go outside with her it works We had Barney when he was about
    13 weeks old in march and I spent a long time all day and some nights with him standing with him and when he did either loads of treats now unles he is ill he let us know when he wants to go out I had forgot what hard work puppys can be----Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO Maxx is 7 and still scared to go out in the dark on his own to pee - I'm the idiot outside in my jamas, slippers and carrying a brolly at 3am

Just go out with her, she's only a baby

Post Thanks / Like

We had to get a security light put up that was strong enough to light the whole garden. Before this Murphy would just stand and bark at nothing!

He started to toilet in the house about that time so we're having to start training all over again. He is a big chicken really

Post Thanks / Like

i have a garden light ......i always go outside with the dogs ( best excuse i can think of for a ciggie ) opss bad girl
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

Post Thanks / Like

My guys will sit and stare out the doggie door if I've forgotten to turn on the outside light. Neither of them will go out in the dark.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Then I see Is normal!!!1

But I have a good new!!!! Lia pees outside at night!!!!!! Not exactly in the dark ( you have to imagine, me on my pj's, sleepy, with a light in my hand)
    LAURA
    Laura Lia Maia

Post Thanks / Like

I was having the same problem. It was quite funny actually because I couldn't figure out why the boys wouldn't venture into the back yard in the evening. One night when Cody was having the runs, I was up at 4 am to take him out to prevent a major mess in the crate. At the same time my fiancee apparently went to the bathroom and turned the light on, it light up the whole backyard because a window faces that direction!!! Cody rushed right out and did his business. Now every time I take them out at night I just turn all the lights in the house on

It would probably just be easier to get outdoor lighting installed, but hey. We just moved in!!
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

Default BACKYARD AND THE BOOGYMAN

I HATE GOING OUT SIDE IN THE DARK LIGHT ON OR OFF.BUT IT IS GOOD TO HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR A CIGGIE.