• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Talked to my Vet today about SM

Thanks for asking Rory....She is still scratching, some days more than others. Since I got her Puppia, it seems not as bad, as most of her scratching and biting at her paws occures after we bring her in from being on a leach. This leads me to believe that the collar was indeed causing some of those issues. To me, just another indication that there is something going on with the neck/SM. The yelping for no reason hasn't happened in a while, which I am thrilled about. She doesn't seem to be in pain, and is happy. She does seem to be a little lethargic lately, not playing as much which is worrisome too. She'll get a burst of energy and play for maybe 30 mins. and then back in our laps to sleep. Will be going to the Vet the week after Christmas. I am starting there because my Vet will have to refer me to the nuerlogist at Auburn. I just hope that if she has it, it is the mild form, but everything I have read indicates that showing signs at such a young age would be more sever. Just praying that it's not sever, if she has as it.

Could she be teething? That might also be a reason for lethargy at the moment as well. Really hoping the when you go the news is better than you fear; but it's better to know for sure, especially when you've observed such definite symptoms.

She is. When she lets me look in her mouth, and that's a big when :lol: I see two front baby teeth missing and a couple more coming in. I have been giving her a wet wash cloth from the freezer, but she only chews for a few minutes, and she is not as interested in her toys, I guess it hurts. Glad you mentioned that, makes me feel better that the listlessness could be teething. I am so stressed right now, I am not thinking straight. I have 35 people coming to my house on Christmas Eve for open house after Mass, 10 on Christmas Day for dinner, and then my 3 step kids come on Tuesday and stay until Sunday, and then I am worried about the issues with Lily, My DH loves to entertain, and I love him, but......I just hope I can make it through the holidays and come out sane. :yikes :xfngr:

Oh Shay I really feel for you with all those people coming over when you are so worried about Lily :( Would your hubby not understand if you explained to him that you might feel unable to cope with it all this year?

I really hope that the Vet will refer you quickly for an MRI and that the outcome of it is a good one :xfngr: .

Please bear in mind and maybe take heart from the thought that I was completely convinced that Charlie had severe SM but he hasn't - no syrinxes, nothing....

We will of course know more when we get full results from the Neurologist (and hopefully before Xmas!) but right now we're waiting on the results of his skin biopsies. Weird thing is though that he didn't bite his usual areas for a couple of days after surgery (I think they were numb) but is now chomping away again.

:xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: for you both though :hug:

Thanks Donna...It does give me encouragement because of Charlie. I wish I could cancel, but it's too late now, and I can't cancel the step-kids. :lol: My DH really helps alot, actually he does most of the work, because he loves to do it. He is very calm and laid back, doesn't get stressed easily. I on the other hand, get stress very easily. Thank God I found my DH. We are perfectly suited. I will get through it, because it is my turn this year. But after the holidays, I will be a couch potato for a week!!!!

Back