• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Early morning barking and scraping the door.

Murph

Hello Everybody,

I have a question about Penny and i dont know how to fix it. This is only a recent thing but its been going on every day for about 3 weeks now. Every morning my husband gets up between 530am and 6am to go to work. He lets Penny out for a pee and then lets her back into the kitchen. As soon as he leaves she starts to bark and bark and bark and scrap the door to get out!! This wakens the whole house and is very annoying. Im 100% convinced the reason for this is she is full of energy, has had enough sleep and she wants to run around the house and play :p . During the day when im around (i work from home) she follows me around the house, into the office etc... but i dont want her wandering past the kitchen at that hour of the morning unsupervised. I cant put her outside either because a) it is too cold and b) she will wake the neigbourhood up too!!

Does anyone have any ideas what i could do? Or does anyone have any experience of this? I have given her kongs and toys but all she wants to do is bark and scrape. :?

Thanks,

Murph.

Lia did the same. She waked up at 5 or 6 in the morning, went to pee, and then wanted to play.
I read that in that ocasions you have to get him out for a pee, but you have to ignore him. He will notice the difference between night and day. I know that is an embarrasing situation, meanly for the neighbours, but is very important you don't go to the kitchen! is only a puppy issue.

when I get up I take Kosmo for a 20 minute walk immediately. After that if I have to go back out I will "kennel him up" with the kennel open and give him a treat.. he doesn't bark when I leave. But most days aren't like that and I have to take a shower and get dressed. I take a bone back up the stairs with him in tow and put him in bed with daddy. :) When I get out of the shower he's usually zonked out again and is harder to wake up then avi himself! :yikes

Cody does this too. It is horrible. My fiancee leaves at 6:30 after letting the dogs out of their crate to romp and play in the back yard for about a half hour. Then he corrals them in the kitchen with a baby gate so Cody doesn't have any accidents while I am still in bed. He whines and claws at the gate which echos throughout the entire house and wakes me up every time. I get up at 7 take them out again and give them their treat stick filled with breakfast and leave the house by 7:20.

I think Cody has been going nuts because he wants to see me and get his treat stick. I started to use a squirt gun (one squirt is all ot took) and tell him "no" when he does it. It has worked the past few days and now I only have to hold up the squirt gun and he will stop. (Little does he know it is actually empty right now icon_whistling )

Back