• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

another photo creation...

Lisa_T

I'm doing some experimenting with photoshop at the moment, and I produced this. It could be used for my dad's bookshop, but I don't think it will be!!

315924220_e8fcc0f7f5_o.jpg

What do you think? I've realised that I've inadvertently made the form of a cross in the background. I think I may change that and create a more mixed book background- perhaps by using the original bookcase photo. This is a composite of...four different photos.

And another one:

315945654_df0e51f8d2_o.jpg

And the composite on which the whole thing was based:

315945655_529c778035_o.jpg

The photo of Holly is from 'Holly the Bookseller' and the photo of Amber is from the Model strip I posted, both of which can be seen in the galleries. The bookcase itself is a copyright free image downloaded from the internet.

Hard to tell really. Personally, I'm not sure it's the religious affiliation that matters so much, as the culture and politics that traditionally go with that denomination. Make sense? I know my dad has had people complain that he has a section titled 'Alternative Religions' - ie, alternative to Christianity! So, no- probably not, but given complaint above... have to be politically correct, after all :roll:

nice! you are off on a creative surge. isn't it great to have such photogenic models?! :D i would like to see how it would look with the color in the middle and the black and white surrounding, the opposite of how it is, for comparison.

edit: when i first posted the above, i hadn't seen your other photos, just the first one. wow, i didn't realize that was a composite---good work! i like the tones in the second one.

I was thinking I might try that, actually. Picasa should allow me to do it with no trouble... H'mmm... *off to experiment*

Terrific job! I can't believe that last one is a faked background and the pups were put in separately!

Sorry for being ignorant but what is photo shop. Is it a program you can buy in the stores? Because I have been looking for a program that will allow me to make collages with my photos.

oooooh I love photoshop.

Yep, you can buy it in the electronics area! It is so fun to play around with and in my opinion super easy to teach yourself, if you have patience!

you can buy photoshop but it's expensive, hundreds of dollars ($650). i've had it donated by a friend since the mid 90s, otherwise i wouldn't have it. there is also photoshop lite which sometimes comes bundled with digital cameras and other things, scanner, etc, but there are various other photo editing programs that can do a lot of photo tricks that don't cost anything like photoshop. lisa mentioned Picasa: here's a link
http://picasa.google.com/

here's a link from a google search of the terms 'photo editing collage program shareware freeware'

click

click

the photoshop company, Adobe, probably also has specific programs that are less expensive that do things like collages. Lots of programs have free trials but sometimes you can't save or there is some kind of mark on your images, but many are just time limited.
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/family.html

I love the pictures. They're terrific. Of course you've got gorgeous subjects. You've got a talent for photography along with writing. I think the pictures would be very suitable for an advertisement, especially announcing that you've got pet books inside :)

Lisa_T said:
Hard to tell really. Personally, I'm not sure it's the religious affiliation that matters so much, as the culture and politics that traditionally go with that denomination. Make sense?

Yeah makes perfect sense and that's exactly what I meant. I thought maybe now that things were a little more peaceful that people would be more tolerant :?

Lisa_T said:
I know my dad has had people complain that he has a section titled 'Alternative Religions' - ie, alternative to Christianity! So, no- probably not, but given complaint above... have to be politically correct, after all :roll:

PCness really annoys me and I guess I wouldn't fit in too well with lots of people over there then :lol: I admire your Dad for having that section :D

I went into a bookstore that was in our shopping arcade a couple of months ago and asked if they had any books on Wicca or Paganism - the woman almost had a kitten and informed me that they didn't deal with Black Magic and they were a Christian bookshop :roll: :lol:

I just stood there and raised my eyebrows & told her that it was no wonder they were closing down if that's how they treated their potential customers. Peoples attitudes will never cease to amaze me :roll:

I really love those pics though - how about putting them into a pentacle instead of a cross LMAO :lol:

LOL, the complaint was actually that 'Alternative Religions' sounded derogatory. I think if Dad had his way he probably wouldn't stock them, but he's a good businessman and knows he can censor what people buy, so what the shop stocks doesn't reflect his beliefs- ie, evangelical christianity. :D

Selina both Picasa and Paint.NET are totally free, no strings attached photo editing progs. Paint.NET is probably more flexible, but Picasa is super easy to use and doubles as a photo/image organiser. You can download both- google them. :D Alternatively, buy a computer magazine. They often have slightly older versions of perfectly good commercial software, and again, it's free- apart from the mag, of course :lol:

Great work! I also love working with photo programms.
This one we printed on a cup. It was a present for the organizer of one of our forum meetings :)
That are her three dogs Fibi, Ares and little Ronja.

I created it with Ulead Photo Express. Photoshop is too difficult for me icon_whistling :D

I love that idea. Getting photos printed onto a mug. How would I go about doing that?

That mug idea is a good one, wonder if I have enough time to get some of them done of tucker, my young nieces think of him as their dog and they'd love something like that. It would be a nice little surprise to add to their christmas presents.

Back