• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Going to pick up Remi tomorrow morning!

Remi

Oh my gosh, the big day is almost here! My boyfriend and I are going to pick up our little girl Remi tomorrow morning, we cannot wait! :drivecar:

I'm a little nervous because I've never had a dog before. My parents used to tell me and my brother that we were allergic to dogs...turns out they are just very clever liars - they didn't want a dog so they figured the best way to avoid us always asking for one was to say we were allergic! Kind of sad, but funny and brilliant too. So I'm not sure what it is like to have a puppy around all of the time, but I am super excited. And I've had my rabbit, Jupiter, for over 4 years now and I think I've raised her pretty well, so I'm sure I'll be ok. :D

Wish me luck tomorrow, I'll post again once we get her home and have some good stories and pics to share. In the meantime, here are some pics the breeder sent us when Remi was 6 weeks old, isn't she adorable?! ;)

308696927_b6a8f94a77_m.jpg

308696921_39b49d5fa0_m.jpg

308696929_0739624fff_m.jpg

So jealous! We have lots more weeks to go! Our puppy is still "baking in the oven!" icon_whistling Lol!

Have lots of fun!

That is wonderful. Remi will be sleeping in your room, if not your bed tonight (is my guess). Happy Holidays, it's a joyous time to add a new member to your family, it will make the season all the more bright.

The first few weeks I had Tucker, I carried him around in a mesh bag I slung over my shoulder. Otherwise when I went downstairs to the laundry room, he'd cry at the top of the stairs. I also carried him this way at outdoor events that necessitated a lot of walking.

Have a wonderful day. You'll be fine, no need to be nervous. I know how you feel though, Dylan is coming home on Friday. You never have to wait long on Cavalier Talk for advice if you need us.

Pauline :flwr:

Oh how exciting, you will do fine, you have lots of good support here and lots of knowledgable people here to help if you need it!! Have fun and enjoy, what an adorable puppy!!!!

I love looking at the pics of your puppy!

Your post reminded me of myself in August before I picked up Coco from the breeder's home. I was also nervous because I had never had a dog before. Everything went fine. You''ll be great.

Hope you get some rest tonight.
And enjoy your puppy tomorrow. Take pictures!!! :snap: We want to see!!!

Good luck let us know how the jouney :drivecar: goes when you have time photos :snap: please love the name and she is so cute ----Aileen

Thanks for all of the support and words of encouragment! :flwr:

Remi's home now and we spent the weekend trying to get settled in. She is pretty much the cutest puppy I have ever seen, I'll try to post some of our pics this week - we took about 60 already. icon_whistling Overall she's been a very good puppy, she's been great at going potty outside, eating her food, playing, and of course getting lots of loving. She's already figured out that she goes to daddy (my boyfriend) when it is time to play, and as soon as playtime is done she flops onto mommy's lap for a nice snuggle. I'm at work now and while I'm enjoying the quiet I'm missing her lots. I'll be going home over lunch for the next few weeks, I'm already watching the clock to see when I can leave.

We do have one problem though....she whines A LOT. I'm having a hard time with the crying, I didn't think Cavaliers made this much noise. She whined for an hour straight this morning while I was getting ready for work. Can anyone HELP with this? I know a lot of it is because she's just a puppy and this is all new to her, but she is way too vocal. We tell her 'no bark' when she makes a big fuss, but I don't want to give her attention when she is being noisy, I want to teach her that making all that noise will not get her anything. Sometimes we can distract her with toys, but not this morning. Any HELP would be appreciated!

We love her to death already, as soon as we can get the whining under control I'll be able to breathe (and sleep!) a lot easier. I'll get some pics up soon!

What a precious puppy Remi is. Vey sweet. Sorry I can't give you much advice on the whining. Lily was not a big whiner, but when she did in her crate she would usually stop within about 15 mins. I just think you have to wait her out, as long as nothing is bothering her, I would just let her whine, she will eventually stop. Do you think she may have needed to go out to potty? If not, she just wanted attention LOL

She's adorable and if you get fed up of her send her to me - my address is...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the arrival of Remi :D She's just gorgeous.....

About the whining, my two did exactly the same. Oakley at 17 weeks hardly whines now - if he does I just give him a toy or a chewy stick and just ignore the noise.

You know if I learned anything as a mom is, every child is so different you feel like you never had a baby when the second comes. What works for one, usually doesnt work for the other. So on that note, it doesnt matter you havent had a dog, what matters is your heart is in the right place to investigate what you need to know and offer lots of love.

P.S. I want to know how the rabbit/dog combo works out! My daughter is at university but has an american fuzzy dwarf rabbit. he often comes here when she gets busy i.e. exams to stay for a wk - besides he is to blame for me wanting a smaller dog this time. I just love that rabbit to death! Litter box trained from day one and such a cuddler. I expect to keep them totally separate (when the rabbit is here it has my office as his playground with the cage open - we used a dog gate at the bottom of the stairs to keep our lab down. But she was 15 and I didnt think it was fair to make her endure the rabbit after never having seen one.

We still haven't officially introduced Remi to the bunny yet, we're taking it really slow. I'm a little worried that Jupiter, the bunny, will lash out at Remi. Jupiter has been with me for 4.5 years so she's really used to ruling the roost, I'm not sure yet how she'll take having a crazy puppy running around trying to play.

My vet suggested to start by taking something of theirs, like if they each have a towel, and swapping them so that Jupiter can smell Remi's towel and Remi can smell Jupiter's - get their scents intermingled so they get used to them. Then hold Remi up to the outside of Jupiter's cage so they can sniff eachother (rabbits need to know that they have the comfort of their own space so don't let the dog in there). Then I think we'll wait until Remi can obey commands like 'sit' and 'stay' so we can let Jupiter hop around while Remi is in the room.

It will definitely be a lot of work, but our fingers are crossed that they will at least tolerate eachother! :xfngr:

Back