• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

running after everybody!

Laura&Lia

Hi,

I have a question. Is normal that when we take Lia out she goes after everybody she sees begging for attention??

That makes difficult that she goes potty outside

Thank you (I know I explain it very bad in Eglish)

Lucky is the same way - when we go outside to go potty he can be easily distracted - especially if he sees someone he knows. But he's such a friendly dog he's just always wanting to make new friends. I try to steer his attention toward his job, but usually the people he wants to play with are just as interested in him, so we end up getting distracted to.

I think it is just normal Cavalier friendliness (if I understand your question right). Maybe someone will have some advice on how to best steer his attention toward going potty so you can get the business taken care of, especially for times when you are in a hurry.

Sounds like very typical Cavalier behavior to me. This is very much a people breed; the phase I heard once is that a Cavalier sees a stranger as a friend he has not met yet (or something like that).

You might use a short phrase for her to potty. We use "get busy" with our dogs. To start, when she begins to potty, use your phrase and give her lots of praise. Then, after a while, use your phrase as her signal to potty. Eventually she will figure out that your phrase is her signal to potty. If there are other people around, it will be a bit harder, but I think she will eventually figure it out.

not to worry ! lol Kosmo was the exact same way..

The other day I told him to go pee and then a neighbor came outside with a dog and he came and squatted in between us.. :sl*p: LOL

I said "hey at least he's potty trained!" hehehe :)

yes, but is only a puppy issue?

Ahhh another one question. should we remove the papers inside home when we are trying to train her to go potty outside?
If we remove the papers she pees everywhere (only when she wants and can't go outside). But if we don't remove the papers, she starts winning at the street because wants to go home to pee.

Thanks

Tucker does the same thing. He loves attention and seeks it out from EVERYONE. He is 18 months old, I think he'll be like this forever. If he cannot get to a person he sees, he begins whining and crying until he is brought to whomever, or they come to see him. He just expects everyone will love him, and usually they do.

hello!

Annie is the same. but I must say, that it is a little better. she is now 15 months old.
When I have my 2nd cav, I will do a lot of things different. Maybe I wouldn alove everybody to cuddle Annie. and in this case your puppy. so he doesnt get used to it.

Cody would go off with anybody, even when she's on the lead (which is all the time now) she will attempt to get to anyone she sees. That's probably how she ended up as a stray in the first place

Back