Thread: Gotta get the kids some puppia!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gotta get the kids some puppia!!

It seems although Im a registered user, im not trully 'one of the group' untill my fur kids are all decked out in Puppia lol

Its not exactly easy to find in Australia, and I have been waiting 7 months now for a floral harness for Mia to arrive at my pet store. Paid for the darn thing but still waiting

I thought I might have a go at buying some online in the States and have them sent to my mums house in Atlanta, then ask her to send them on.

Are they really good quality?

Two of my cavs are also quite large to say the least, although breed standard calls them 'sound' (that always cracks me up). Do they make them for bigger cavs or just itty bitty wee ones?

My Gabby who is on my avatar is about 12kilos, so hardly a wee little mite.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to what harnesses are best before I slide out the old AMEX???

Soooooo excited the kids are getting new posh stuff!! YAY!!!

kYLA

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi and Welcome

Hope to see and hear more about your gang.

My two have 3 Puppia's each.

They are very soft and take the pressure away from the neck when walking.
    They have some new Hot Colours, take a look at Roxanne's website.

www.tiabellas.com

http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/pu...ors-p-321.html

http://www.tiabellas.com/boutique/pu...pes-p-322.html

I think the patterned ones are made a bit smaller, so be sure to measure
    My Dudley wears a medium he is 17.2 lbs and still has room
    Darby just outgrew his small and he is now wearing a medium at the smallest setting.

Take a look.
    Mom to Daniel, Derrick, David
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Linda

Thanks for the welcome and the links to the site, Ill deffinately be doing some serious shopping there lol

I have just been chasing my Gabby round the house with a measure tape to see what size would fit her. I think I might just be able to SQUEEZE her into a large LOL

I did an online conversion of your boys weight as I dont know lbs, to kg's and he weighs ALOT less then my Gabby

She is apparently 26.4lbs according to the weight conversion table.

Right im off to put Gabby on a diet and do some serious shopping!

Kyla

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyla_QLD_cavalier_rescue
    Hi Linda

Thanks for the welcome and the links to the site, Ill deffinately be doing some serious shopping there lol

I have just been chasing my Gabby round the house with a measure tape to see what size would fit her. I think I might just be able to SQUEEZE her into a large LOL

I did an online conversion of your boys weight as I dont know lbs, to kg's and he weighs ALOT less then my Gabby

She is apparently 26.4lbs according to the weight conversion table.

Kyla

Be sure to measure, I don't think they come any bigger than a large.
    I also have Dudley on a diet as he is not very tall and I would like to see him about 2 lbs lighter. Darby is fine he is still growing and should be starting to fill out soon.

I love Roxanne's site, as she has a bit of everything and it is all shipped from the one place.

The Pet Silk Shampoo is great too, but shippinng to Australia might be a bit costly.
    I just ordered my boys some Brown Tartan Collars with a leash and a new
    Crystal Bone Tag. I can't wait to see it on them, she has some lovely colalrs.

Right im off to put Gabby on a diet and do some serious shopping!

I would just cut back her food and cut the snacks out.
    Does she like fruit or Veggies. They are good for her and would help fill her up.

Good Luck and can't wait to see pics I would order the solid colour Puppia as the tend to be a bit bigger.
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question About Sizes

My baby is almost 5 months old and about 9.25 lbs. Right now she's 3/4'' smaller than the size small measurement around her neck and skinny (how is it possible she's related her me lol) around the middle. Her biological Mom was 12lbs and Dad 9lbs.

Do you think I should buy the size small or go with the medium Puppia harness?

Thank you for your advice and for turning me on to these cute cute harnesses
    Carlie, David, & Isabelle (10 month old blenheim ruler of the house)

Post Thanks / Like

If you want the Puppia to last I would definetely order a medium, if you order a patterned one they are made a bit smaller.

Like I said above, Roxanne has the best prices and the same selection as anybody else.

www.tiabellas.com

Good Luck

The patterned ones are also smaller around the head opening.
    I think I remember Roxanne saying that she had a small Houndstooth still available, you could email her and check if you like that pattern.

I love that pattern, I think she has removed them from her site but she will let you know if she still has it.
    Dudley 3 Years Old
    Darby 1 Year Old

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Her biological Mom was 12lbs and Dad 9lbs.
    Was this was a deliberate mating? If so it would be a bit of a concern; just be aware that this is dangerously small for the father, and the mother is undersized as well -- the breed standard is 13-18 lbs. There are likely health risks to offspring from undersized parents and breeders doing this are not too likely to have correctly health screened their breeding stock in other ways. In addition syringomyelia --- www.sm.cavaliertalk.com -- is known to be directly related to skull capacity -- cavaliers generally already have what is called 'hind brain crowding' because their skulls are almost always too small for the skull to begin with, and syringomyelia makes this situation tragic for many cavaliers.

Breeding for undersized cavaliers is a cruel exploitation of a breed already under serious health pressures. Some breeders are well aware most pet buyers will not be aware of the health issues in the breed and won't know to ask for the health certifications or to avoid deliberately undersized dogs.

Fortunately it sounds like your female will come in around breed standard if already approaching 10 lbs at her age -- but that in itself suggests the male was a litter runt (because puppies do not tend to end up the size of their parents but the size averaged out over several generations -- so his parents were likely full sized as well as related dogs further back, which is good).

I am really sorry to say this if you were not aware and this wasn;t a rescue situation, but more "breeders" are offering tiny cavaliers and this must be exposed as the serious health risk for this wonderful breed that it truly is. All of us want healthy, long-lived cavaliers; and responsible breeding -- and our demand for it as buyers as we learn what to look for -- is the only way to achieve that goal.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default appreciation

I appreciate your concern about Izzie's health. When we agreed that she'd be ours we had already spoken with her parent's vet and saw health records for her parents and both sets of their parents. Like everyone, I hope that Izzie will live a healthy life and I've taken steps to ensure that it does.

I'm torn about whether its good or bad to adopt a puppy who may not have had the best breeding. On one hand, it encourages the breeder, on the other- ALL PUPPIES REGARDLESS OF HOW THEY CAME TO BE DESERVE LOVE AND A GOOD HOME.
    Carlie, David, & Isabelle (10 month old blenheim ruler of the house)