• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Skinny Rubies

*g* By contrast, Amber has never had any tummy trouble whatsoever. Then again, that could be because I've been refusing to let my dad feed her something daft. Even so, after we've been to my parents' and they've had left overs, Holly's poos are often a little soft. No chang ein Amber's from what I can see.

Maxwell and Me: Since so many of us have had the exact same experience, the first time horror of discovering bloody stool in our precious cavaliers, I'm beginning to think it's a common occurrence. We pamper our babies, know where they are, what they are doing and for the most part what they are eating. It seems to me they are a breed that would have less chance of picking up a parasite, or bacterial infection since their care is so great by their owners. Which then leads me to question the wisdom of vets who automatically prescribe antibiotics, in my case with Tucker, flagyl prescribed twice, within a month. In both instances stool samples were tested by a lab and did not reveal a parasite, or anything else. I discontinued giving him flagyl the 2nd time after a few days. I'm not advocating this, just didn't seem right for me to give such a small animal a powerful antibiotic. I'm of the belief right now, based on the numerous comments I've read on this board that it's a sensitive tummy issue, I'm hopeful that with the right diet, this will no longer continue to be an issue for Tucker.

Lisa_T said:
*g* By contrast, Amber has never had any tummy trouble whatsoever. Then again, that could be because I've been refusing to let my dad feed her something daft. Even so, after we've been to my parents' and they've had left overs, Holly's poos are often a little soft. No chang ein Amber's from what I can see.

I have to agree with Lisa here. My Oakley has an iron stomach! He eats anything you want to give him, although he doesn't beg or seem to be hungry just if you offer he's too polite to say No!

Oakley is 12 lbs at 17 weeks - sounds a lot but he is slim but seems to have had a big growth spurt for the last 4 weeks. I expect this will slow down by the end of December and expect him to be aroun d 16-17 lbs by March/April. He seems to have heavier bones than Merlin but then again it could just be because of his colour.

Ashley: as long as Arthur is healthy, active an enjoying life I wouldn't worry if he doesn't weight so much - besides its a good thing - healthy figure healthy heart ;)

Which then leads me to question the wisdom of vets who automatically prescribe antibiotics, in my case with Tucker, flagyl prescribed twice, within a month. In both instances stool samples were tested by a lab and did not reveal a parasite, or anything else. I discontinued giving him flagyl the 2nd time after a few days.

This is EXACTLY what my Vet tried to do~ and I refused.
The last time the antibiotic messed up his entire system for days, and there was no way I was going to put him or myself thru that again without a very good reason. I think ( O.K. no scientific evidence here) that Vets are perscribing just like Peds did for children years ago....

Back