• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Quigley's eyes have spots! What are they?

LilNipper

I am new to this so I hope I am doing this right.

Quigley, our male nearly 3 yr old Cavalier, developed some very small light grey spots right in the middle of each eye. These are about the size of a pencil lead, but they are definitely there. His vet contacted a dog opthamologist and after a blood test to check for elevated cholesterol, they decided there really wasn't anything to do about them. They are not corneal ulcers (thank God!) but I didn't know if anyone knew whether or not Cavaliers were prone to these kind of spots. They don't appear to bother him at all and sort of remind me of cataracts, but I am told by the vet they are more like scar tissue or deposits??? Oh well, just curious, thanks.

Welcome to the board! :)

They sound like lipid deposits. These sometimes can be serious (eg a symptom of a more serious problem) but most often are nothing -- overweight cavaliers seem to be more prone to them. I have heard of many cavaliers with them -- my rescue Lily has one. Sometimes they just go away on their own.

Jake has them. We see an opthamologist every year and his eyes checked out just fine this year. I forget what he called them but said they were definitely not anything to worry about.

Back