• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Should we remove the papers?

Laura&Lia

When we are trying to get Lia outside to go potty, should we remove the papers that remain inside?

If I don't remove them she pees in the papers. But if I do she pees mostly outside but sometimes still inside where she can.

I'm a little bit overwhelmed with this issue! :sl*p: :v*cuum:

If you want her to learn to go outside all the time you should remove the papers. BUT you will have to extra watchful and not let her out of your sight. If she continues to wander off and have any accidents in the house that will confuse her and mess up her training.

When Chester was little I would set a kitchen timer for 2 hours and take him out every 2 hours even if he didn't act like he really needed to go. I called these the "preemptive potty breaks" and it helped him get used to always going outside. Also, as soon as he would start to peepee I would say "Go potty" and within 2 weeks he had learned to peepee on command.

Don't worry. You will be fine. You just have to be extra watchful and take her out a little more often until she is 100% trained. Good luck!

laura and lia

I took alfies papers away when he started to just tear them up,inside the torn papers were poos and wees.He still had the odd mistake,but it was the right time.He still has the odd accident if you dont watch them.Sniffing and pacing is a good sing of an accident coming.

I look for a particularly intent trotting motion- hard to describe, but I only ever see my pair trot in this particular way when they are planning on going. Not that that's much use if Amber decides to use the sofa :yikes :yikes

Lisa/T

Its funny how we know when a wee or poo is coming.Alfia passes wind alot then i know to get him outside when he wakes or watch him like a hawk.Sat. we went into the pet shop Alfie showd me up by cocking his leg up over the new display of fluffy dog bed.OHHHHHH my god was i embaresed.But just shows you we are not always able to read the signals.

LOL,
what a naughty boy! My Lia is too a naughty girl. She weed yesterday on my friend's rug.
:flwr:

Back