• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

xmas tree

lily

lily is 13 weeks tomorrow & wondering what her reaction will be to the tree??? will she enjoy the glowing lights or will she try to nick the bawbles etc???

whats your pups like with the initial seeing the big tree up? was comtemplating just putting a small optic one up to save all the agro??? :sl*p:

Im certain my boys spend the year waiting for the tree to go up in much excitement and anticipation. You see they just LOVE to wait untill mummy isnt around and conveniently 'forget' this isnt an 'outdoors tree' and lift their little legs all over it.

This year, I have ruined their fun completely by putting a puppy pen around it.

The response so far has not been kind, very very unhappy boys.

:(

hehe

Kyla

At 18 months I do not trust Tucker with a large tree. I think something that sits off the floor that he cannot reach is best. Better to be safe than sorry.

Having said that, next year I'd like to try what Kyla did, I hadn't considered putting anything around a tree to keep him out.

My tree's been up for a week and so far so good :D
Murphy is interested in it but so far has been content just to have a sniff of it. The to cats of course are a different matter all together :sl*p:

We have a fully decorated 4 ft tree that is stored in the attic. We just whip off the covering, place it in on end table, plug it in and done. The dogs ignore it. Now the Santa collection in the dining room is another story. They seem to think the Santas will kill us while we sleep and bark like crazy for 2 days at those Santas before finally settling down. Glad we have watch dogs. icon_whistling :lol:

I have a 7 ft tree in the living room on the ground. Kosmo has been great, except for the thought that those "balls" on the tree are supposed to be his toys@! Occasionally he will run up to it and sniff it, and then lick it.. and the bark! LOL.. I tell him no and grab a real toy and throw it. I guess if you think about it they really do look like his toys!

We have a six foot tree and my boys are driving me nuts!! Thank goodness there has been no leg lifting, but the bottom half of my tree is completely naked because Cody keeps stealing the ornaments and my fiancee keeps eating the candy canes!!! :x

This is my boys during the tree trimming:
christmastime005.jpg

christmastime006.jpg

christmastime009.jpg

last year we had great fun with flea and aggie, both of whom were just over 2 months old. Aggie was a chewer and liked to try and get the baubles and REALLY tried to get the candycanes but was never successful as she was too small. Flea on the other hand used to like climbing it (also too small to do any damage) and they both used to play hide and seek around it :lol:

It will be interesting to see how Dougal gets on with it. Tandie so far has watched with interest but is not bothered either way.

Last year Bishop was 6 months old when we got our tree. He sniffed it a lot and we had to keep telling him to stay away from it. He also wanted to eat (he loves plants) and tried to steal ornaments (so none were put at his height--even on two legs)...however he later managed to then steal presents :lol:. It was pretty funny and cute to see him run off with the red bow in his mouth (wish I had a picture). We had to sweep a lot and just paid attention to him at all times (he was very intrigued).

when my daughter got her dog, she said her vet or breeder or someone told her there was a hazard with christmas trees, i don't remember what it was, she was just worried about getting a tree last year, but then she got one, but she was taking some kind of safety precautions. i think it had to do with the water that the tree sits in.

Here's link about christmas safety for dogs
http://www.wagntrain.com/holidays.htm

Here's a link to ASPCA advice

well put my small optic one up. TBH didnt really want a big one this year. She had a bark at my optic santa & snowman but when she plucked up the courage to explore them & found they werent real, she was brave enough to lick them to bits.... :D

molly said:
We have a fully decorated 4 ft tree that is stored in the attic. We just whip off the covering, place it in on end table, plug it in and done. The dogs ignore it. Now the Santa collection in the dining room is another story. They seem to think the Santas will kill us while we sleep and bark like crazy for 2 days at those Santas before finally settling down. Glad we have watch dogs. icon_whistling :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Molly, that sounds like great fun :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . We have a few Santa's too but the only one that Maxx hates is the one that Grandma passed down to us when the kids were tiny. He walks along, rings his bell and plays a tune - Maxx hates him!

I don't let the kids set Santa off when Maxx is anywhere near but he will come running from upstairs just to see poor old Santa off :lol:

Back