• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I taught Wesley to sit!

My Wesley

And it only took about 10 minutes! What a smart boy! And at 9 weeks! Time for laying down next. I couldn't believe he picked it up that quick.

How early have your pups been trained for tricks?

brady learned sit pretty fast. i would just start to say the word when he did the action on his own. he also knows the hand sign for it. the problem i have now is i'll say sit, but he'll go down...close enough i guess...but you haven't even had your little guy for a week, so that is pretty fast! congrats to you.

Izzy learned sit, by accident, at 9 weeks , the day after I got him. I had some ham on the worktop and not thinking said , ''Dogs sit.' Of course Monty did, but Izzy copied. I then reinforced this with more tiny treats.

The next twos' training started early , too. At 10 weeks, I had Teddy running to paper, spinning, then weeing or pooing on paper, at the command 'Teddy go do.' However, as he aged he proved to be the least willing pupil. He only obeys for payment.

It took Amber about a week to get the idea. I find that if I casually introduce the concept in daily activities, when it comes to formally teaching it in a training session she gets the idea much faster. But Amber was 11-12 weeks before 'sit' finally clicked, so that's brilliant! :flwr:

Back