I feel dreadful, I have been trying to hold off on Darby's neutering until he was closer to a year.
He will be 9 months on Dec 29th, I just feel that his hormones have kicked in with a vengeance and although he doesn't bother any of the children he seems to be pretty hyper lately.
I called the Vet this morning and they just happened to have a cancellation this coming Friday, so I have gone ahead and booked the bloodwork, hernia repair and NEUTERING.
What a Christmas present I am giving him, my husband is flipping out on me and he keeps telling me we should wait.
He said but he is such a beautiful boy, daaaah I keep reminding him that we are not breeders. This is coming from when we first brought Darby home my breeder showed an interest in using Darby as a stud. This really is not something that I want, yes in our eyes he is a beautiful boy
but I also reminded hubby that poor Dudley was done before his testacles even dropped.
Wish him luck, for some reason I am shaking.
I want him to be able to enjoy the snow and play this winter. I am also sticking with my own Vet, I don't feel comfortable with another Vet I spoke to who wants them to stay overnight with absolutely no one in the office overnight.
At my Vet's you drop them off before 9:00 a.m. and pick them up after work the same day. This will give me this coming weekend to cuddle and care for him, they say he will be fine within a few days but they recommend keeping him quiet for 7 Days. I cannot imagine me keeping Darby quiet for 7 days.
Please, please tell me he will be fine.
They said if they find anything in the bloodwork they will give him IV Fluids and call me, if for any reason his bloodwork is not okay they will not do the surgery.
What could show up in his bloodwork to prevent them from doing the surgery. I am not going to sleep all week now.