• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Darby Is Being Neutered/Very Low Platelets

{{{{{{{{{{{{Linda, Darby and Dudley}}}}}}}}}}}}}

My boys and I will be thinking of you all tomorrow! Let us know how he is doing... :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Good Luck Darby - You'll be fine. Your Mom will be the wreak.

Judy - Jolly had his neutering yesterday and he is recovery nicely. I just called the doggy day care and they have had him up at the front counter area with them all day where they can watch him. He is quite sleepy today and thankfully isn't wimpering anymore. Last night he just couldn't get comfortable and when he moved it hurt him, so he would cry out. I was up part of the night trying to comfort him.

They just called to confirm his surgery, and said he is first in line. :yikes :yikes

Poor Frank will be having a heart attack, I am busy in the morning so that will help take my mind off it. :sl*p: :sl*p:
But as soon as I get home I am gonna be on that phone. :blabla:

Thanks everybody, I know I will be crying I am a wuss. :cry*ing:

Frank keeps telling Darby, do you have any idea what your mother is doing to you. Darby sits and looks at him and gives him the head tilt like he really understands. The stitches are dissolving. :D :D :D

Charleen said:
...thankfully isn't wimpering anymore. Last night he just couldn't get comfortable and when he moved it hurt him, so he would cry out. I was up part of the night trying to comfort him.

aw. did they suggest giving him pain pills? zack's vet had given a prescription of Ultram for pain and told me to give it to him around the clock for several days. he didn't seem in any pain so i didn't give him any but would've if he was hurting. maybe he wasn't hurting after because they gave him an extra pain shot during the surgery.

i hope Jolly is rapidly feeling like his normal self again. it must be hard for you to have to leave him, but i know you're glad you have someone reliable and caring to leave him with.

good luck linda! i'm sure he'll do great and by saturday all should be normal more or less. just tell frank not to slip him any special treats on the way to the surgery, because of the anaesthesia. ;)
:hug:

Thanks Judy for the comments. Jolly seems a little better tonight. He is sleeping right now. That is already better than yesterday. He still can't go upstairs, but maybe in a few days he'll be bright as rain.

Tomorrow is Darby's big day. I pray that all goes well for him. *ng*l

We're sending hugs to you and Darby for Friday! :hug:
:xfngr: :xfngr: :paw: :paw: :paw: All our fingers and paws are crossed for good luck.

Sending hugs for Darby, (((xxx))) he will be just fine Linda, I can't believe that time has come around so fast! it seems only yesterday he was a tiny baby!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Good luck today Darby! :hug: 's to you Linda. I know how worrying it is when they have to go in for surgery. Distract yourself as much as you can and stay off the coffee.

:flwr: :hug:

Good luck Darby, it's for your own good you know :badgrin:

Linda, I'm sure he'll be fine :flwr: Btw, neutering never calmed Maxx down and if it DOES calm them down then I'd hate to think what Charlie was like before :lol:

Good luck Darby, don't worry you won't even miss them - our boys were in in the morning and home at 5pm - one little inside stitch and that's it - no cone, and they were running about the same night.

Thanks alot Donna, it is suppossed to help calm him down.
If it doesn't he is being shipped to you for xmas. :yikes :yikes

My poor Dudley looks lost without him already, he left at 6:45 this morning and is most likely still on the road with Dad. :drivecar:
He probably thinks he is going to the park or something, gotta do it. :( :( :(

Poor wee lad, I told him what was happening he just looked at me as if to say 'WHY ARE YOU NOT FEEDING ME MOMMY" 'I AM REALLY HUNGRY"I Will have to get him a wee get well pressie to make him feel better.
Thanks Guys
Just in case I have'nt told you all in a while

I DAMM WELL LUV YOU GUYS. :D :D :D :lotsaluv:

{{{{{{{{Linda}}}}}}}} Charlie has had two of those mornings lately and when I came home without him the other day, Maxx looked everywhere for him :?

You'd best send him Fed ex or UPS as the mail will never get here on time and then he'll get really hungry :lol: I'll look out for a small package.....

Maxxs_Mummy said:
{{{{{{{{Linda}}}}}}}} Charlie has had two of those mornings lately and when I came home without him the other day, Maxx looked everywhere for him :?

You'd best send him Fed ex or UPS as the mail will never get here on time and then he'll get really hungry :lol: I'll look out for a small package.....

He ain't that small you know, are you gonna feed him as soon as he gets there. icon_whistling

Poor wee fellow was trembling my Hubby said, that is because he was and Darby could sense it.
:(

:updte:
Okay I just called the Vet, now I am a nervous wreck.

They said not to worry, but I will anyway. :cry*ing:

They said that the surgery went really well, but he is having some reverse sneezing which means he is not taking in as much air as he should be.
They are not letting him come home early, they obvisoully want to observe him longer. :(

I am flipping out over here, Frank is going to tell me I told you to leave him alone. icon_nwunsure

Has anybody had this happen, am I panicking for nothing they said not to worry. h*lp

oh linda darby is fine !! H'es going to be very tired but he is through the worst part and he's doing fine@!! They kept kosmo because he was cold too so I kno whow the worry is but he's going to be fine!!

It could be like my mom's jack russel who got evicted from the vets! :yikes :yikes As soon as she woke up from the anesthesia she went bonkers and they said "excuse me mam please come and take her she's going to either drive herself crazy or need to be sedated again!" :yikes :yikes

Back