• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cost of neutering???

KingstonsMom

Kingston will turn 8 months old next month, and I think it's time for neutering. I've been waiting to see if one of his testicles would descend (he's cryptorchid), but I don't think that's going to happen. So....I have a few questions:

How much is the average price of neutering a small dog? Is it significantly more for a cryptorchid?

Will I have to leave him overnight?

It's just cost me £80 UK = $157 to get Henry neutered.

We dropped him off and saw the vet with him at 9am and then rang in at 1pm to see how he was and were told to pick him up between 4 and 6pm, so he wasn't at the vet's too long. This price included a checkup at 2-3 days and then stitch removal at 10 days. They don't always need a stitch but henry had to have one.

Although Henry had only one testicle for the first few months but the second one came down a few weeks ago.

I imagine that if they will have to be a bit more invasive to find testicles that have not dropped so the price and stayover may be different.

But even when Lucy was spayed she came home that day even though that is a bigger op. I think it cost me just over £100.

I think Spencer was around $200. I dropped him off at 7am and picked him up at 3pm. He was groggy but fine. ;)

Darby is being neutered this coming Friday, it is $185.00 for the neutering and they usually go by weight. Under 10 lbs is less, the price I am paying is for a puppy 10 to 20 lbs.

The pre-op bloodwork is $65.00 and the hernia repair will most likely be around $50.00.

Vets reckon a testicle can still descnd up to 12 months, so it's probably best to wait, so the op is more straightforward.

Back