• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dog strollers?

Lisa_T

Will they hold two Cavaliers?

Holly is smaller than average, and I rather think that Amber will not be much larger- she turns five months in a few days . They're very closely related after all. Anyway, if I invest in one of the larger ones I *think* they should hold two comfortably, especially cuddled together.

If I'm right, it really broadens my options. Both dogs can come on the train with me- I might even be able to make the next Cav training session in Dublin assuming someone could collect us! I'd be able to bring the dogs to work if I needed to. I really want to get into rescue generally for both dogs and cats, and a stroller would give me the flexibility to travel and collect animals myself.

Does this sound sensible/practical to those of you who have them? How much larger are they than a standard baby buggy?

I have the pet gear AT3 and just love it. Both of mine (19 lbs and 23 lbs) fit comfortably. It gives us so much more freedom. We took it on our last vacation and were able to go into every store. I also take it on walks. After 30-45 minutes I pop the pups in and I can keep going. Here's a picture of my two in their stroller

HPIM1405.jpg

HPIM1398.jpg

There's plenty of room...they just choose to squish up together!

Cathy, do you think the stroller would hold three 16 pound dogs?

We were thinking we'd take the dogs more places if we had one!

Cathy - 3 might be a bit of a stretch. But here's another stroller:

http://tinyurl.com/yjx4yv

This one holds 70 lbs and has rubber air filled tires. The front wheel is stationary but my friend's kiddie jogger also had a stationary front wheel and it wasn't a big deal. Since it's a rubber wheel it's easier to turn. The front wheel on the AT3 has a swivel capability but I find the stroller to be very bumpy when the wheel is in swivel. Almost like it's out of alignment.

I wouldn't hesitate to get one of these for Kosmo and he is young and healthy. Not because I don't think he needs the exercise but there are some places that we go that he's not allowed to be in, and had I had him confined in a stroller, we'd be allowed in. Also there are some places where I go that I'd like to take him but the ground is not "doggy approved" and believe me, he gets heavy!! Like the flea market or furniture store for example. It would be great to just throw him in one of those..

Also he's not going to be a spring chicken forever so when he gets old at least i'll have something for him .. even if he cannot walk a whole walk I will still let him walk as much as he can and then put him in the stroller so he can still enjoy the outdoors :) :)

You wouldn;t be able to bring the dogs on a train in a stroller -- a better option is to get one of the crates that have detachable wheels.

Cathy T said:
Cathy - 3 might be a bit of a stretch. But here's another stroller:

http://tinyurl.com/yjx4yv

This one holds 70 lbs and has rubber air filled tires. The front wheel is stationary but my friend's kiddie jogger also had a stationary front wheel and it wasn't a big deal. Since it's a rubber wheel it's easier to turn. The front wheel on the AT3 has a swivel capability but I find the stroller to be very bumpy when the wheel is in swivel. Almost like it's out of alignment.
Thanks!

Barbara - believe me...neither of mine is old or infirmed nor or they lacking for proper exercise ;) I don't like to go out twice a day for exercise...once for the dogs and once for me. So, they walk for 30-45 minutes with me while I push the empty stroller, then I put them in the stroller and can pick up the pace and go for as long as I want at my speed. Rather than stopping everything 5 feet to mark or sniff something :roll: We used the stroller on our vacation to the mountains. They have an adorable village with lots of fun shops, very few of which I got to go into last year because we had the dogs with us. This year I put them in the stroller and we got to go into any store we wanted. It also made walking through the village easier. The dogs are so dang cute everyone wants to pet them and it takes us forever to get down the street. This made things so much easier.

Lol... I remember when Doggie Strollers first came out and I laughed my butt off! I rolled my eyes and said, "Shoot me if I ever..."

Now guess what... I take a gander at one everytime we are in our puppy boutique here in Columbus! I think they are so great and shops that normally "ban" pets are more apt to bend the rules when the doggie is in a stroller.

I say two thumbs up! (y) b*n*n*

:lol: :lol: There were so many times I said "I'll never....." and danged if I have!! I'll never be one of those "dog people"...I'll never have dog hair all over my house...I'll never baby talk to a dog....I'll never like dog kisses...you get the idea :D Biggest....I'll never let a dog steal my heart...now it's gone to two of them!

Karlin said:
You wouldn;t be able to bring the dogs on a train in a stroller -- a better option is to get one of the crates that have detachable wheels.

I need to check this more thorougly, but certainly for travel within NI the stroller should be ok, as long as the dogs are enclosed and ventilated. It's only very very recently that they've decided to be strict about dogs being kept in crates. I think that's related to the brand new trains!

However, this is why I'm especially interested in the strollers where the crate bit can be taken off and used purely as a crate- nice and versatile and if anyone ever did have a hissy fit about it, at least I could remove the 'stroller' part.

I dont suppose anyone has any brilliant suggestions as to how I could get one over to Australia?lol

Im coming over next year to visit my mum in Dallas (first time to the states) so I suppose I could wait untill then and buy it and bring it home with me.

My mum tells me though that in the five years she has lived in the states she has never seen a pet shop, nor anyone walking ANY type of dog, and has never met anyone with a cavalier OR even anyone that has ever heard of the breed even!!!

I dont get it.

Can anyone shed any light??lol

Kyla

Back