• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Collars

Kelly

Hi, I have been reading your posts on collars & harnesses.

Do any of you just use a normal nylon collar? Am not sure what I should be using for the best on my 15 week old puppy.

Thanks

I have a collar for holly since she was a pup. Only for her id tag though. Got an extra small Puppia for her, for the first few months. wouldn't recommend a collar for walks.
Y

Chester is nearly 16 weeks. I weighed him last night & he is 9lbs. Do you think he would need a small still? Can you adjust the Puppias?

Darby just outgrew his small at 13 lbs and he was about 7 1/2 months old.
You can get them at
www.tiabellas.com she has good prices. Also ships Internationally
Look under harnesses.

I have always used collars, with no problem. I have , however, recently bought a harness for Teddy, which I use when walking all four dogs, as Teddy sometimes lurches and spins. He's no problem at all on a collar when by himself or with one other dog.

i use a nylon harness for lily and shes absolutley fine with it on once she got used to it...

Have collars for everyday use - got ours from Pets at Home 10-12 was a normal size for when they are puppies - harness when we go for walks.

Claire said:
Have collars for everyday use - got ours from Pets at Home 10-12 was a normal size for when they are puppies - harness when we go for walks.
I have a similar question, sorry to steal this but the answer might also help Clair.

I just got a 6-8" collar to be used only for quick in/out while house breaking starting at 8 wks. Is this going to be too small? As long as it fits a mth or so, I dont mind getting another later.

Also for puppy classes starting at 12 wks - 18wks can anyone guess a good puppia size and will they will let me use this type of harness in classes?

Back