• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

eat anything

lily

lily will hunt in the grden or on the grass when i take her for walks & chew on anything.. she got hold of a lump of soil & sure she ate a bit... papers blowing she'll grab & anything she gets her eyes on... will she eventually grow out of this curiosity behaviour??

Ozzy still get leaves, twigs, branches moss, you name it out of the garden - I will always remove wood and twigs, etc as soon as possible just incase they get a splinter - not to safe.

she already got a splinter a few weeks ago when she chewed the bottom of my stairs. she was sick more or less straight away the little terror.

I don't know how old little lilly is, but if she is a pup then she might be teething. Even if not I would provide her with things that are ok to chew on so that way she doesn't get hurt. Frozen towels are good, kongs, bully sticks...anything to keep her busy.

Cody is the same way so I completely understand, he is a vacuum cleaner in the yard. :yikes

lily is 13 wks & she has got loads of toys of her own good & strong which she uses intermitentley to get her teetch stuck into..... its just when shes outside...

Amber's just gone through the 'lets turn the house into the garden' phase. Thankfully, most of my yard is concrete so there's precious little to be dragged in apart from leaves anyway...Holly did this too and it seemed forever before she outgrew it. She still has gardening phases, but nowhere near as bad as they were!

Tucker eats anything that grows, twigs, sticks, grass, leaves, anything he finds in the yard, he'll eat, he even puts rocks in his mouth and I believe he tries to chew them.

When he was a puppy he had a period of chewing on the woodwork, the molding on the doorways. He took a chunk out of one of them. He thankfully has stopped that. A friend recommended I put tobasco sauce when I first noticed a little paint chipping, after I put the hot sauce is when he did his biggest damage. Apparently, I'd seasoned the wood for him and made it more palatable. Then there were those sunglasses.

My little Terror is out in the garden all the time ...

He likes to hunt down worms and bring them into the house - nice hey !

We had the bitten stairs also - they seem to have grown out of it - but I did put pepper on it but I don't think that really worked. :roll:

Back