• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Filling your kong ?

luvzcavs

Just wondering what you folks use to fill your kongs ?

Is there any healthy suggestions. I know peanut butter is common but not sure if i'd want to use that often as its rather unhealthy ?
I also thought about Jam, but not sure about the sugar content ? wondered what everyone else does ??

I have seen those stuff and fill squirty cans you can get with the kongs but again not sure how healthy they would be ? or what is in them ?

My mom uses the kong squirt fillers (they look like the fake spray cheese cans) and they come in TONS of different flavors.

Also, she sometimes just uses spray cheese. Her corgi-mix just loves it!! A far cry from the life she lived before my parents rescued her.

I sometimes put a little low-fat yogurt in the kong for King...Or if I really wanna spoil him I'll put carrots, peas, and broccoli through the food blender and mash it up to a paste to put inside...He loves the veggie paste... :lol:

Then ohter times I don't put anything in it and he still loves to play with it cuz it's got the smell of all the foods that were in it b4

I fill mine with Kibble and then a Pedigree Puppy Markie whilst I eat dinner.

Keeps him occupied whilst we eat our evening dinner....

Mashed banana is good for holding all the stuff in there, then freeze. Ypu can use all sorts of chopped veggies or fruit pieces in a kong too. I wouldn;t use peanut butter -- really fattening.

i use banana and sometimes low fat cheese spread....their favourite has to be frozen low fat rice pudding :)

I buy frozen chopped veggies like green beans and carrots and put those in first and then put a teaspoon of peanut butter in the opening.

I was a bit curious as to what to stuff in a Kong also. I have yet to purchase one but my Cavalier gets VERY bored at home and I think he might need one for Christmas.
I decided to research this and KONG has a website:

http://www.kongcompany.com/worlds_best.html

If you go to the top there is a link- “Tips and Advise”
Then on the left hand side of that page is “KONG Recipes”. There is some interesting things in there you can make to stuff in a KONG. It is worth checking out :cffee:

Back