• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

walking lily

lily

well i say walk, she flopps about and trys to run all the time on her lead. I've started to shorten the lead and making her walk at the side of me. Will this make lily eventually walk rather than flop about & pull?? i keep saying walk lily though i'm sure she isnt listening or even understands, how could she??

any tips on getting her into walking not pulling??

thanks

they are pickles when first training ...keep the lead short when she pulls says EASY ....then good girl ......... she will soon learn what the tone or the words mean

good luck

I started with a harness first until Cody got used to the concept of me leading him. He now does better on the leash with a collar, but it did take some convincing with cookies.

i taught kosmo how to walk nicely through puppy class.. they suggest that every time the dog pulls you stop and say "no pulling" and wait until they acknowledge you.. When they finally do you say "let's go." It takes a while at first but they will eventually catch on. :flwr:

Do you walk her on a harness? I find it much easier to walk them on one & so do many others. All pups play about a bit when you first put them on a lead but they soon get used to it with perserverance. We used to take Maxx for walks around the garden on his lead when he was a pup just to get him used to the sensation.

They pull because they want to get everywhere yesterday and they think everyone is a friend and everything is an adventure, that's why we love them so much :lol:

yep i walk her with a harness & its improving. shes not pulling as much once i shorten the lead now & again....

Another strategy is the turn and walk the opposite direction whenever the dog gets ahead or pulls. Eventually, they walk next to you and watch you closely, waiting for those sudden 180 degree turns!

Back