• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

treats

lily

what do u all give your pups for treats during toliet training & walking training?? i just used the treats from pets world....

I give Kosmo Charlee bears mostly when we are training.. we also use liver for when I really need him to work hard. When he's getting so many treats I want to keep them healthy! :flwr:

We feed Pets At Home Small Dog Treats Rabbit & Chicken. They are quite small, so they don't take a lot of chewing :D

There are high value treats and low value treats. When you want your dog to work hard eg, training. I would feed a high value treat, something they would not normally get that is smelly and they love. My favourite is fresh baked liver (cooled) cut in to very small bits. You can also use cheese, sausage etc but I can not give these to my men as they are too sensitive.

For low value treats I use apple, carrot, tomato the occasional processed treat such as schmackos (but not very often as I'm not a huge fan) and so on. these can be used for everyday rewarding.
Although saying that about the low value, high value thing my boys will work for any food so I am lucky.

The low value treats i use are: pieces of kibble, some Buddy Biscuit training bites, boiled then fully dried out chicken pieces

High value treats: Beef cooked then dried out a bit, salmon cooked then dried a bit, ham pieces and hot dogs

I know it seems odd (and labor intensive), but i have found that meaty smelly things really get his attention better. I use these when i really need him to focus.

For training I use Nature's Recipe Training Treats because they're small and they have a strong smell so Kingston loves them. I also use Charlee Bears.

Otherwise, I try to stick to very healthy treats such as apple slices or baby carrots. I feel like this is better for him than anything bought at a pet store. But I could be wrong about that. ?????

What are Charlee Bears??? We don't have them here or if so I haven't seen then among the whole selection of dogs treats I have :)

Back