• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

UPDATED My name is Tandie, and I'm a chocoholic

cecily

We've finally found the one thing Tandie will relentlessly and tirelessly hunt with more fervour than that which she has for cats.... CHOCOLATE :badgrin:

It's only with the christmas season coming that we've noticed it. She goes absolutely looney when we open a tin of biscuits or whatever. She's normally so placid that it's like watching Jeckll and Hyde. icon_devil :fool:

She followed me out to the kitchen last night and when I went back to the living room she didn't follow immediately. The next moment we heard a crash and went running in. Tandie had gotten the CLOSED biscuit tin to fall off the table and was in doggie heaven surrounded by a variety of Marks and Spencers belgian chocolate biscuit collection. :yikes :yikes :yikes She might have made it to the real doggie heaven if we didn't get them off her quick (but we did and no ill effects that we can see :lol: )

On a related note there was someone on the radio this morning reminding people not to leave chocolate liquers around the tree...

My first cavalier Mattie at chirstmas went under the tree for the CHOCOLATE and was very busy taking the paper of we came back in to find him just before he eat any ----Aileen

Oh, My! Sounds like Tandy is a typical Ruby. Bet it's going to be extra fun in your house when the new puppy comes home! :drivecar:

Oh ! we must keep an eye on them at every moment of the day ! Ulysse is so greedy that he rushes on every thing he finds !

Friends in the UK..Is it a tradition to put chocolate under the Christmas tree? Do tell!!!

Bentley is always trying to steal my food from me, the little rascal! I admit that I do give him a few small pieces of crust from time to time...
That sure is a cute photo of Tandie on your avatar!

On a more serious note. What do you do if your dog gets into chocolate? I've heard it's dangerous and even potentially fatal. What do you do, rush out to the vet and the dog gets it's stomach pumped? Is there some antidote? Just wondering. My cousin told me her shitzu (forgive my spelling) got into chocolate and she had no idea it was that harmful and the dog got a bad case of loose bowels. She didn't mention seeking medical attention.

updated with pics

:updte:
So this lady has expensive tastes... as if belgian chocolate biscuits wasn't enough today she managed to get her hands on a ten euro note and started chewing it. :yikes
We got it back off her but there's two pieces missing out of it. :roll: The numbers are intact so we should be able to get it back from the bank. We're thinking maybe she wanted to go out and buy her own biscuits....

tenner.jpg

I have unfortunately experienced this twice, and was advised by the emergency vet to give a salt tablet and try and make the dog sick then monitor very closely or take straight down to the vet.

My little Maddy has not yet experienced chocolate, but did practically attack me when I was licking a chocolate fudgsicle.
She is only 13 weeks old. I think it must be in their genes. Like it is in mine!
My little yorkie who died in June after 14 years of being our little boy did have quite the experience with chocolate.
I am originally from Cheshire, England. My parents always sent me and the grandkids chocolate easter eggs. Well, my daughter took hers to her bedroom. An hour later we heard her scream. We ran upstairs!
She said "Winston ate my egg!" and there was the foil all over the bed and no chocolate to be seen. This was a full size chocolate egg with little chocolates inside! Funnily enough there were no side effects. Not even his poop suffered.
Pam

A salt tablet for chocolate or for euro notes? :lol: Yes chocolate can make them very ill but generally only dark or especially baking chocolate is a real worry. (y)

Cecily Jaspar shredded apart my garda ID card I have as a resident... theoretically I am supposed to carry it on my person at all times and now it is in several small pieces. :roll:

Technically Karlin you can still carry it on your person :lol: :rotfl:
I can totally see Jasper doing that. :badgrin:

*snicker* Oh I'd pay to see that.

"Uh, I'm very sorry. Gimme a minute... Ah. Here's one bit of my ID card... and another... and another. Er, the dog ate it."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have come to the conclusion that rubies are evil dogs who think they are cats. Well, mine is... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Both of mine adore chocolate, and as I'm currently munching my way through a massive bar of Green&Black's Maya Gold, I am being very, very careful.

Ahh, Tandie really is keeping you on your toes! :lol: And my goodness does she have style, Belgian chocolates and 10 pound notes... you better get a crown for this little one. I do believe she is poised to become the next princess of your home. :D
Hmmm, wonder what Princess Tandie will think of the new pup? icon_nwunsure And what she might teach to the little newcomer. :shock:

Laura I dread to think what new tricks they'll teach each other!!!
But I suppose that's half the fun :lol:

As for the crown, I decided you were right on that one.
DSC00066.jpg

In England we normally hang chocolate on the tree - not that it would last long with me..... ;) Chocolate is now kepted in the fridge out of reach of dogs.

Back