• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is this crate too big?

Oh sorry for you American folk ;)

63 cm- 24.8 inches
56 cm- 22 inches
74 cm- 29.1 inches

Hope that helps you out :)

That sounds fine, will be big enough for an adult Cavalier too.

You can block it off with cardboard - a box or something for now...

Thanks nicki :flwr: I was just a bit concerned because I've heard that they don't feel safe and secure if their crate is too big

Not sure about size... but I know that a good block off that CANNOT be chewed (some people use cardboard and then are actually surprised to find that the doggie chewed it! duh) is actually the same material the crate is made out of... it is like a little divider that can be put into place and moved further and further back (on the wire rungs) as the pup grows... that is what our breeder recommends if we are going to be using a crate.

Thanks for the idea :) Don't know exactly where I can find one of those :? Will look around though.. I've heard of someone using a big pillow. Would that work?

If you put in a box that stands up they are less likely to chew it...but as MathisGreen says, be prepared to replace it...

You can usually buy dividers from the people who sell the crate...might be worth e-mailing and asking...it's cheaper to buy them at the same time.

bit worried about standing a pillow up...and that could be chewed and be dangerous if the filling came out.

I would also just use a cardboard box in there for the first bed...they can be thrown {recycled :D } away if soiled or chewed and easily replace...wait until pup has stopped chewing to buy an expensive bed.

Thanks again for the tips Nicki :D :flwr: Cardboard box sounds good we have heaps that we use to put mown grass in. Thanks :)

Mine is that size and I don't block off any of it and he doesn't have accidents. I think it's because he was crate trained before I got him though. I'm so happy about that. He never complains about going in it.

Aww thats great! And what a gorgeous little boy you have there :D Well the crate is ordered and so is his sky blue puppia!!!! Yay! :jump:

If you cannot find the crate dividers and don't want to use cardboard, I used a 6-pack cooler in Magic's crate when he was a puppy. It fit perfectly.

I used a really strong carboard box that had had wine in it. It filled half the crate, a crate same size as yours. Lucy was quite surprised when we eventually removed the box and she had the full size crate! She never chewed the box although she used to chew other cardboard.

Back