Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snoring cavalier!!any advice??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snoring cavalier!!any advice??

hi ppl

Nina our tri girl is an absolute awful, awful snorer !!! she snores even when she’s not in a deep sleep and it drives you insane lol none of our others snore thankfully .

She has a really short nose which I know is the reason for her snoring. I was just curious to see if there was anything out there for snoring dogs or what you guys do for your snoring cavs?
    Kim xx
    Nina-Tri Colour Girl * Joey-Black & Tan Boy * Phoebe-Blenheim Girl * Holly-Ruby Girl *
    Kira-Black & Tan Girl * Lewi-Black & Tan Charley Boy * Ella-Tri Colour Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Of my 3 cavvies, Geordie snores the most, even though India has the shortest snout in this group. India snores occasionally, and I've only heard Chockie snore very rarely.

This will sound funny, but I'm so used to the snoring that I actually like it - the dog snoring, not the hubby snoring!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

George is also a really loud snorer. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but sometimes I have to give him a gentle nudge!!

Post Thanks / Like

As they say, let sleeping dogs lie!

both of my boys snore so loud it shakes the house (exaggeration). It provides great amusement to my visitors. At night they sleep in their kennel in the spare bedroom and we have to shut the door, AND our bedroom door just to get some rest
    I love my Wesley, Cody, Zoey & Stewie

Post Thanks / Like

i knew i wouldnt be alone

yep i can hear her from down stairs,upstairs in the bedroom everywhere!

its awful when your fav program is on tv and she starts snoring because you really cant hear a thing!when you give her a nudge she just looks up at you with a bemused half asleep look then goes to sleep and starts snoring again.even louder! bless her.
    Kim xx
    Nina-Tri Colour Girl * Joey-Black & Tan Boy * Phoebe-Blenheim Girl * Holly-Ruby Girl *
    Kira-Black & Tan Girl * Lewi-Black & Tan Charley Boy * Ella-Tri Colour Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Keep her lean. Any extra weight really contributes to snoring, as I know from having Lily. She snored so loudly when grossly obese and I got her from the pound, that I had to keep her in another room and still I could hear her through two closed doors. I could hardly stand to have her in the same room while I worked. She snored in every position, too.

She is her proper weight now and only occasionally snores, and nowhere near as loud. I just nudge her at night to make her stop if it wakes me up.

Other than that there's not too much you can do except buy earplugs. Some definitely snore more than others. Jaspar has never snored while Leo does a small amount. More when he was younger.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Mine snore only very occasionally. Oddly, Holly snored more- and atrociously loudly- when she was a tiny pup. It frightened the living daylights out of us- couldn't believe that huge noise came from such a tiny bit of a thing! I don't think I've ever heard Amber snore. I imagine she does, but softly- as Holly sometimes does. No houseshaking snores lately though from either.

Not that I can tell you what they do overnight. Maybe they keep each other awake while I sleep blissfully unaware?
    Holly - 7years
    Amber- 3 years

Post Thanks / Like

I kinda like the snoring gives King character... plus when we're sleeping together you can't tell who's snoring louded me or King....lol
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley snores so loud it just cracks me up!! I've never had a dog that snores like he does, maybe it is a Cavalier thing?! Bentley also sleeps on his back a lot, I wonder if that contribute to snoring? LOL! Sometimes at night when it gets too loud I just sort of gently wake him up, ha ha!
    ~Renee, Bentley & Bailey & Maddie

Post Thanks / Like

Max used to snore but not so much anymore, Brandy out rescue ruby snores constantly, he's not overweight but also has a very short nose - he sneezes and snorts more than Max also.
    Max (Tri Babe) & Bran (The Ruby Man) & Springer Sal (Waiting at the Bridge)