• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snoring cavalier!!any advice??

amia

hi ppl

Nina our tri girl is an absolute awful, awful snorer !!! she snores even when she’s not in a deep sleep and it drives you insane lol none of our others snore thankfully :lol: .

She has a really short nose which I know is the reason for her snoring. I was just curious to see if there was anything out there for snoring dogs or what you guys do for your snoring cavs?

Of my 3 cavvies, Geordie snores the most, even though India has the shortest snout in this group. India snores occasionally, and I've only heard Chockie snore very rarely.

This will sound funny, but I'm so used to the snoring that I actually like it - the dog snoring, not the hubby snoring! :lol:

George is also a really loud snorer. Most of the time it doesn't bother me but sometimes I have to give him a gentle nudge!!

As they say, let sleeping dogs lie! :lol:

both of my boys snore so loud it shakes the house (exaggeration). It provides great amusement to my visitors. At night they sleep in their kennel in the spare bedroom and we have to shut the door, AND our bedroom door just to get some rest :lol:

i knew i wouldnt be alone :lol: :lol:

yep i can hear her from down stairs,upstairs in the bedroom everywhere!

its awful when your fav program is on tv and she starts snoring because you really cant hear a thing!when you give her a nudge she just looks up at you with a bemused half asleep look then goes to sleep and starts snoring again.even louder! bless her. :)

Keep her lean. Any extra weight really contributes to snoring, as I know from having Lily. She snored so loudly when grossly obese and I got her from the pound, that I had to keep her in another room and still I could hear her through two closed doors. I could hardly stand to have her in the same room while I worked. She snored in every position, too.

She is her proper weight now and only occasionally snores, and nowhere near as loud. I just nudge her at night to make her stop if it wakes me up.

Other than that there's not too much you can do except buy earplugs. Some definitely snore more than others. Jaspar has never snored while Leo does a small amount. More when he was younger.

Mine snore only very occasionally. Oddly, Holly snored more- and atrociously loudly- when she was a tiny pup. It frightened the living daylights out of us- couldn't believe that huge noise came from such a tiny bit of a thing! I don't think I've ever heard Amber snore. I imagine she does, but softly- as Holly sometimes does. No houseshaking snores lately though from either.

Not that I can tell you what they do overnight. Maybe they keep each other awake while I sleep blissfully unaware? :lol: :lol:

I kinda like the snoring gives King character... plus when we're sleeping together you can't tell who's snoring louded me or King....lol

Bentley snores so loud it just cracks me up!! I've never had a dog that snores like he does, maybe it is a Cavalier thing?! Bentley also sleeps on his back a lot, I wonder if that contribute to snoring? LOL! Sometimes at night when it gets too loud I just sort of gently wake him up, ha ha!

Max used to snore but not so much anymore, Brandy out rescue ruby snores constantly, he's not overweight but also has a very short nose - he sneezes and snorts more than Max also.

My 6 month old puppy Coco used to snore once in a while. She seems to have outgrown it. Maybe Nina will too! :xfngr:

Henry cracks me up, he snores SO loudly especially when sleeping on his back-- with all 4 paws facing different directions. usually i nudge him and he stops for just enough time to let me fall asleep before he does!

Maxx has a medium sized snout and only snores very gently - it's really soothing as it's more of a snuffle than anything else :D

Charlie is ideal weight and has quite a long snout but my word you should hear the noise that comes out of it! Put it this way, I am glad that our house is detached as we sometimes have to turn the tv up really loudly just to be able to hear it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Must be a cav thing!

My cav snores and snorts sometimes when she is playing as well. My boyfriend and I think it's the cutest thing ever but at 9 1/2 months almost everything she does is cute!

If Sam snores depends on how he's lying down, I also saw on the telly they can operate them for that problem, they shorten the oesophagus or something like that, maybe your vet can tell you more about it.

estertje said:
If Sam snores depends on how he's lying down, I also saw on the telly they can operate them for that problem, they shorten the oesophagus or something like that, maybe your vet can tell you more about it.

This would be cruel, when the only gain would be to stop a human being annoyed, and not a medical one.

Abby snores like a bandsaw but she's not overweight...it's really funny. She sleeps better than any of us.

This would be cruel, when the only gain would be to stop a human being annoyed, and not a medical one.[/quote]

That's true! I would never consider it, it's just something I heard of. I think it's cute when Sam snores :D

Back