Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long do your dogs/puppies sleep @ night?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How long do your dogs/puppies sleep @ night?

Wesley has been fantastic about this. I am seriously amazed. He sleeps from about 9-9:30pm to about 7-7:30am. That's almost 10 hours most times! I love it!

Will he keep this up? Do they sleep longer at night as pups, then grow out of it? He also gets several naps throughout the day. And when he's not napping, he's always engaged in playtime with us. Maybe we just poop him out by the end of the day!
    Mother to...
    Wesley, blenheim
    Daisy, Tricolor
    & two human rugrats!

Post Thanks / Like

This is one area I am very fortunate in!! My guys go very happily into their crates at 9:00. In fact, Shelby will put her self into the crate at 9:30 if I haven't already done so They both sleep (or at least are quiet in their crates) until 6:00 or 6:30. That's 9 hours!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

last night i went to bed around 12:30 and brady slept until 10:30. I even got up once early in the morning to go to the bathroom, and he was happy to just go back to sleep with me. my boyfriends brother has been staying with us, and he's home most of the day so he'll play with brady, i think that has pooped him out a little because he usually has to stay in his crate all day (i come home most of the time for my lunch for a midday potty break) in the past brady would always be waking us up at 7 if i hadn't already gotten up. he's been doing better about letting me sleep on the days i don't have to work.
    Lauren
    Brady's Mommy (D.O.B 4/25/2006)

Post Thanks / Like

Murphy comes to bed with us, normally about 10 during the week, and sleeps with us until 7 when we let him out
    Its only very, very occasionally that he's up before that, and only if he's desperate to get out

Post Thanks / Like

I'm jealous!!!! No matter what or how late she stays up, Katydid starts barking at 6:am each morning since I brought her home!!! She is now 6 months old. Lots of ENERGY!!!
    Teddy sleeps with me and will stay planted by my side until I want to get up....his little sister is a totally different story!

Nancy
    Teddy and sweet little Katydid

Post Thanks / Like

Barney sleeps from when we go to bed until we get up and sometimes I have to get him up if we dont go until late he puts himself to bed----Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine go to bed when I do.

Of a morning Izzy always wakes David at 4.30-5.00am whether it's a work day or not. (David normally leaves home at about 4,30). Unless desparate for a wee, he doesn't disturb me and when david worked away, Izzy slept until 9ish.

Joly doesn't do mornings and unless he knows there was chicken or something in the kitchen last night, he has to be prised out of bed. Sometimes he will lie on his back and close his eyes tight, hoping he can't be seen.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My little one

will sleep for 10 - 12 hrs as well! And she naps quite a bit through the day too. I knew these dogs were big on the ZZZ's but sheesh!!

Post Thanks / Like

king usually sleep from about 11-8...sometimes we sleep in if I don't need to b at work til later.. But sometimes I don't think King sleeps all through the night. but never leaves the bed just sometimes walks around to find a more comfortable spot
    Aaron, King and the rest of family
    living in NY

Post Thanks / Like

this isn't Lisa, this is Judy (Zack's mom), who is Lisa's mom, i'm using Lisa's account because my account got de-activated earlier today and i am awaiting instructions for turning it back on. in the meantime...

i sleep upstairs and Zack sleeps in the living room on the love seat. When i get up in the morning and come downstairs, after 8 to 10 hours, he is in the exact place he was the night before even though he has the run of the downstairs. he doesn't even get up anymore when i come into the room, he waits for me to come to him for cuddling. Then he stretches and gets up and runs for the door and i let him out. He's been like this since i got him when he was 16 weeks old, being quiet all night for such a long period.