• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How long do your dogs/puppies sleep @ night?

My Wesley

Wesley has been fantastic about this. I am seriously amazed. He sleeps from about 9-9:30pm to about 7-7:30am. That's almost 10 hours most times! I love it!

Will he keep this up? Do they sleep longer at night as pups, then grow out of it? He also gets several naps throughout the day. And when he's not napping, he's always engaged in playtime with us. Maybe we just poop him out by the end of the day! :)

This is one area I am very fortunate in!! My guys go very happily into their crates at 9:00. In fact, Shelby will put her self into the crate at 9:30 if I haven't already done so :D They both sleep (or at least are quiet in their crates) until 6:00 or 6:30. That's 9 hours!!

last night i went to bed around 12:30 and brady slept until 10:30. I even got up once early in the morning to go to the bathroom, and he was happy to just go back to sleep with me. my boyfriends brother has been staying with us, and he's home most of the day so he'll play with brady, i think that has pooped him out a little because he usually has to stay in his crate all day (i come home most of the time for my lunch for a midday potty break) in the past brady would always be waking us up at 7 if i hadn't already gotten up. he's been doing better about letting me sleep on the days i don't have to work. :)

Murphy comes to bed with us, normally about 10 during the week, and sleeps with us until 7 when we let him out :D
Its only very, very occasionally that he's up before that, and only if he's desperate to get out

I'm jealous!!!! No matter what or how late she stays up, Katydid starts barking at 6:am each morning since I brought her home!!! She is now 6 months old. Lots of ENERGY!!!
Teddy sleeps with me and will stay planted by my side until I want to get up....his little sister is a totally different story!

Nancy
Teddy and sweet little Katydid

Barney sleeps from when we go to bed until we get up and sometimes I have to get him up if we dont go until late he puts himself to bed----Aileen

Mine go to bed when I do.

Of a morning Izzy always wakes David at 4.30-5.00am whether it's a work day or not. (David normally leaves home at about 4,30). Unless desparate for a wee, he doesn't disturb me and when david worked away, Izzy slept until 9ish.

Joly doesn't do mornings and unless he knows there was chicken or something in the kitchen last night, he has to be prised out of bed. Sometimes he will lie on his back and close his eyes tight, hoping he can't be seen.

My little one

will sleep for 10 - 12 hrs as well! And she naps quite a bit through the day too. I knew these dogs were big on the ZZZ's but sheesh!! :D

king usually sleep from about 11-8...sometimes we sleep in if I don't need to b at work til later.. But sometimes I don't think King sleeps all through the night. but never leaves the bed just sometimes walks around to find a more comfortable spot :lol:

this isn't Lisa, this is Judy (Zack's mom), who is Lisa's mom, i'm using Lisa's account because my account got de-activated earlier today and i am awaiting instructions for turning it back on. in the meantime...

i sleep upstairs and Zack sleeps in the living room on the love seat. When i get up in the morning and come downstairs, after 8 to 10 hours, he is in the exact place he was the night before even though he has the run of the downstairs. he doesn't even get up anymore when i come into the room, he waits for me to come to him for cuddling. Then he stretches and gets up and runs for the door and i let him out. He's been like this since i got him when he was 16 weeks old, being quiet all night for such a long period.

yep my lily sleeps from about 9.30pm to 8am unless hubbys comes in from nights then he pees her & i get up. If were both of like sunday she slept til 8.30am... brilliant!!!!!!

My two go out for their last wee around 10.30pm and when hubby gets up at 5 - 5.30am, Charlie always rushes out for a wee but Maxx just yawns, cuddles further into his Mamma and goes back to sleep :l*v:

Sometimes he will stay on my bed until about 11am, he's soooooooooooo lazy :roll: Then, the minute he's downstairs he dashes out for a wee then comes in wanting his breakfast - typical man! :lol:

freddie went to bed at 9.40 and woke this morning at 7.30, he is doing this the last week, so fingers crossed! we are moving on friday so fingers crossed it stays that way!! :) d

Mine get a last walk anywhere between 10:30 pm and 2am (I am a night owl); like many journalists I get up relatively late most mornings (action doesn;t start for us til 11ish usually) so next walk is usually 10-11ish. The boys only come out from my room when they hear me open the fridge for the cat food; Lily only comes down after I get dressed and she knows it means a walk then breakfast for her. She could live under a duvet if food were brought to her. :roll: None of mine ever ask to get up and out unless they really need to go out -- have learned never to ignore a request to go out the door as it means something is coming out fast at the other end. Hence I have been seen walking a dog back and forth on the road in front on my urban house at 4 am in pajamas and a fleece.

Marlon tends to sleep from 2100 - 0700 but at the weekends he is happy enough to wake up when we do.
He seems to know when the lights go down in the front room its time to sleep.
He is always in the same position as I left him all tucked up in his little cove under the stairs.
A quick toilet outside and he bolts up the stairs for a cuddle in the warm bed, where he sleeps whilst we get ready for work !
Good little boy !

Karlin said:
Mine get a last walk anywhere between 10:30 pm and 2am (I am a night owl)....

This is also my time frame for the nightly walk, and i thought i must be the only one, who else in their right mind...... but it's very nice, isn't it? It's so quiet and peaceful, for me, it's been a nice bonding time with zack and also, i can think if i want and relax. but it's getting cold lately. actually my time frame is more like 11pm to 1:30am, i haven't done a 2am yet. my average time is 12:30 to 1:00, and i very rarely see another person walking a dog out at that time. I see people around 11-11:30 though, just before their bedtime.

Sam goes to sleep when we do, before going to bed whe let him out in the garden one last time and then in his crate under the kitchen table untill the next morning, he never makes a fuss out of it.
He gets up when we do, he sleeps until we're standing next to him in the kitchen. He's really lazy when he just woke up but a little walk in the garden to do his thing allways gives him a lot of energy so he comes jumping back inside. When I stay alsleep a little longer than my parents he jumps on my bed and sleeps with me until I get up. So cute!

my two sleep from about 9:30pm to around 6:30am....but during the day when its sunny thwy find a comfortable spot inside where they can catch the sun and just sleep for hours and hours - this is only when im not paying much attention to them or doing my own thing..when imwith them they are never tired

Back