• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello

Sandrac

Have recently joined. Have 2 tri girls - Cinders 7 yrs (diagnosed deaf 10 months ago) & Minnie-May 11 months old on Xmas day.
I also had a Blenheim - Lady - who we lost 5 years ago.
So just trying this post to see if everything works icon_whistling

Hi and welcome. I also have a 7yr old Tri who is about 75% deaf. Does yours respond to hand signals? Maxx does - when he's in the mood :roll: :lol:

Thankyou for your warm welcome! :)
Cinders, fortunately was trained using hand, verbal and the "clicker". She still responds a bit to the clicker (think its more when she sees me clicking then actually hearing it), but she works extremely well for hand signals. We do agility and heelwork to music (not competitive but for fun), and she still copes exceedingly well.
When we are out she has started to watch what my puppy Minnie May is up to and when she sees Minnie come back to us on a recall she is normally in hot pursuit to get her tit bit!! Although we tend only to let her off lead now in places that she is familiar with!

Sandrac said:
Thankyou for your warm welcome! :)
Cinders, fortunately was trained using hand, verbal and the "clicker". She still responds a bit to the clicker (think its more when she sees me clicking then actually hearing it)

Actually, she may be hearing it. Dogs have a much better hearing range than we do, and the clicker makes a very distinctive sharp and relatively high pitched sound. I am severely profoundly deaf myself (or around 70-75% deaf in both ears) and I can hear sharp sounds like that without my hearing aids- so it is possible. The trouble for me would be identifying the sound, but if Cinders was trained to it from puppyhood it would be hardwired in her brain anyway!! :lol:

Welcome!!! What a couple of beauties!!! I am also new to the group...and have already learned so much. Enjoy!!!
Love and Licks...
Lin, Cal, Boo and Punkin'

Welcome Sandra, Cinders and Minnie-May! Glad you joined in. Have a wonderful holiday.

Back