• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our Beloved Charley

Zippy

326381085_c4aa94dad7_m.jpg

Our beloved Charley

April 1992 - July 2006

Charley was a wonderful companion, so loyal, funny and loving.

We'll miss him forever.

Charley was our beautiful boy.

What a beautiful face he has -- so friendly. So sorry for your loss. :flwr:

Thanks for posting a picture of your beautiful boy. I am just amazed you had him for 14 long glorious years. What a special boy. I'm sorry for you loss but so glad he had such a wonderful life.

Charley was a beautiful looking boy! 14 years is amazing, what a lucky boy. It's never easy when they leave us, all you can do is be thankful for the time they spent with you, hope your doing ok :flwr:

Thankyou for your kind words.

It's a terrible day when you lose them.

We'll always miss him but we can now laugh about his "quirks"....for awhile all we could do was cry.

As Christmas approaches, we keep commenting on his "groans" from under the table and how much he wanted the turkey to fall off the counter!! lol

I guess these days, Cavaliers don't usually make 14 .... he was the eldest one in his Drs. practice. ;D

What a handsome boy! Great that you were able to have him to love for 14 years.

I don't usually peruse the In Memoriam section because of the tears in my eyes and lump in my throat it always causes. However, since we're struggling with health issues on our "Charley" boy, and that being the original reason for my finding this site due to my search for the Rainbow Bridge back in October when I thought we were going to lose him, the name of your boy caught my eye.

I cannot fathom the loss of losing one of these creatures. I'm so sorry to read about yours.

Hopefully Mary Alice is helping to fill the gap.

Good luck.

So sorry to hear that your Charley is having problems.

It's terribly sad when they pass but I try to remember the wonderful times we had.....that's how I cope.

After awhile you do stop crying and start to laugh again.

Mary Alice is a very different doggie, a good thing, I think.

Thankyou again, everyone, for all of the kind words. :flwr:

Zippy said:
Thankyou for your kind words.

As Christmas approaches, we keep commenting on his "groans" from under the table and how much he wanted the turkey to fall off the counter!! lol

;D

that made me laugh, Jake used to do that, and wedge his head between yours knees and stare so intensely at you trying to brainwash you into giving him some.
Xmas without him is so boring :(

What a great face! it makes me happy just to look at him and to see his smile.

I'm sorry he had to go.

i'm glad you are able to laugh more now as of course, he would have wanted...

:flwr:

Thankyou everyone.

Our daughter had a lovely "Memory Board" of our beloved Charley made for us for Christmas.

It made me cry, the good kind, as I was surrounded by my boy again.

Oh how I miss him!!
333464727_40e5858e4c.jpg

Oh Zippy

I am another that does not visit this area of the board often, I cannot bear to ever think of dealing with my emotions when that time comes for us.

Charley is absolutely darling, and what a kind and loving gift your daughter gave to you.

I am sure he is running and playing with all the other little darlings at the Rainbow Bridge, have peace in knowing he sure lived a good life.

that's so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 21st was just after Jake passed away and my sister did a similar thing, its nice to be able to look at them again. He was a handsome boy

Thanks Soma...... I was very surprized, it's a lovely collage of his photos.

It's one of the loveliest (?) presents ever! ;D

So sorry about Jake, it's hard, eh??

Zippy, I'm sorry I didn't post sooner, I actually thought I had, because I'd looked at this thread before. I'm so sorry for your loss. Charley was handsome. I love the memory board. What thoughtful children.

Zippy I'm so sorry for your heartache! Charley was a beautiful boy :l*v: and I'm so glad you had him for such a long time.
I too have come on to this thread many times but couldn't post because each time I tried to write I just ended up :cry*ing: .
It's so very hard when they go and you feel such an ache in your heart......you don't think it will ever subside, but one day you find yourself laughing at something that they did, usually something naughty :lol: and it feels so much better than crying.....

:flwr: :hug: :hug:

Thankyou ladies.....it's a terrible day when they go but at least he's not suffering. :flwr:

Claire, you and I are very lucky with our new rescue howlers! :lol: :lol:

I just checked out your pics of Minnie Moo going walkies, she's gorgeous! :)

Back