• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Too Funny

Shay

Lily likes to lay in my lap while I'm om my lap top. Lately, if I play a video, she watches intently, and her little head turns from side to side. Just now she discovered the arrow, she is following it all over he screen trying to catch the arrow, and biting at it. It is halarious. But she also likes to put her head on the key board to sleep while I'm trying to type, not so funny :swear: . I end up with a bunch of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccccch and have to go back and retype everything :yikes. I can not make her move. What do your furbabies do while you are on the computer?

bella bounds up the stairs after me if I go into the computer room. She loves sitting on my lap at the PC. she always tries to put her head on my arm rather than the keyboard so I end up having to operate the mouse and type with just 1 arm! I hate disturbing her though cause she always looks so angelic.

The problems start when the other two arrive and want a cuddle too - 3 dogs on 1 persons lap just doesn't work :lol: I try to give everyone a turn and then put them down and they will happily cuddle up to each other on the floor beside me.

Your baby is adorable in the pic by the way.

Thank you!........Guess that is one of the many reasons to have more than one. I am going to tell my Hubby, " we need another Cav so that Lily will leave me alone while I am on the computer" :lol:

I always put a snugglie (really soft wadded up blanket) around the bottom of my computer chair and use my foot to pet the pooch... always kept Bowser occupied and usually asleep as I worked. :lol:

Shay said:
Thank you!........Guess that is one of the many reasons to have more than one. I am going to tell my Hubby, " we need another Cav so that Lily will leave me alone while I am on the computer" :lol:

That won't work, Shay! I have a laptop too, and both Bentley AND Clancy sit on my lap while I'm on it. :roll: So, you'll hafta come up with another excuse to get another Cav icon_whistling

Both of mine watch what's happening on the screen. I like to look at YouTube and the head tilting that goes on is very very very cute! cl*p :fool: :lotsaluv:

Hey Barb....Thought it was worth a try. Guess I'll think of something else. I know one thing, it wouldn't be until Lily is older. I am worn out!!! :lol: but it's all good and worth it. Next time, I would like an older dog, and have been thinking about a rescue. I can't think of anything more rewarding than giving one of these special dogs a forever home. The more I read about some of the rescue stories, the more I think it is something I may want to do at some point in the future.

Both Cedar and Willow will sleep next to me while I'm on the laptop. They'll even put a head on the back of my hand. They dont seem to mind the up and down motion of my typing--their heads just bob up and down!

This is what my two do while I'm on the computer
HPIM1899.jpg

Until Jake has had enough and wants attention
HPIM1904.jpg

Holly used to insist on lying on my lap when I was using the laptop. On my lap. Not the easiest way to compute... I got round it by gently saying 'No' and moving her to my side, so she snuggles against my leg as I type- I invariably use the lappy while sitting on the sofa/armchair, so works well. Before then though she managed to spring some keys off the keyboard :yikes :yikes

Hi Cathy.....That's funny....looks like they could care less. Maybe Lily will be like that one day, but somehow, I doubt it. She has to be physically touching me most of the time :lol:

On another note, I bought a little sofa bed like your kids are in. Lily chewed hers up within 2 weeks. She loved it from day one. She would get in it and play with her toys. Then she started dragging it across the floor, and chewing the arms. Obviously, she was too young for it, so I put in down in the basement. I also bought her the cutest little bed at the same time, that I was going to put in the bedromm. The plan was, the sofa for the family room, and the bed for the bedroom. This was right before we went to pick her up, and I was in new Mommy mode. icon_blshing

How old were yours when you got them the bed? I know she has a lot of chewing before her, she is only 4 months. But I was just wondering when I might be able to put her bed out?

Thanks

Tucker brings me toys to play with. He doesn't want on my lap, he wants to play, right now we're playing hockey/socker with a tennis ball. I pass it, he blocks it, or if I'm fast enough, I get it past him and it rolls down the hall and he's off after it. Of course that lasts about 2 seconds, and he's back for more. When I stop passing the ball to him, he usually retreats to the bed. When he's had enough lying around, he begins a gurgling kind of growl that rumbles in his throat. It's not mean, its him trying to talk to me, gain my attention, so I can give him a rub or play.

I'm not sure if he'll always be this active, at 18 months I guess he's still young. He doesn't do a lot of laying about, especially if I have company. He never sleeps when there are guests over. He brings every toy in the house to them, trying to entice them to play. Sometimes I put his toys away before guests arrive. Not everyone loves as we do, and I suppose it could be a bit pesty. He puts tennis balls in peoples laps and then nudges with his nose to encourage them to toss or bounce the balls, or he gives you a little bat with his paw.

Shay said:
I can already here my husbands response on this... less dogs, less computer time, works for me, he'd say!

Sam mostly sleeps on an old rag next to me, and when he's had enough he's coming to get me to play with him, and it's so hard to say no to that!

Ollie isn't home yet but I have a couple of stories about my cat :p Annabell loves more than anything to sit right in front of the screen or on the keyboard :roll: She also enjoys rubbing against my nose (I think the sounds of sneezing make her happy) And when I finally push her off she will have one last walk across the keyboard, sit next to the computer on my desk and meow at me. :lol: :sl*p:

Mine are pretty calm when I am on-line. But when they hear the AOL voice say "GOOD-BYE", they jump up and spin and go nuts. They know I am done and it is playtime!

Back