• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Undercoat Problems

Fraggle

Advice needed please folks.

Bella has some sandy coloured hair coming through under her red coat. We were advised that as she has been spayed, her undercoat is growing through her coat.

How do I groom this out? We were advised to get an undercoat rake, but the only ones I've seen are far to toothy to use on a little Cavalier.

Help!! :shock:

Several of us use the Mars Coat King to thin/smooth out our cavvies' coats. I have a # 10 and a # 12 blade. Also, do you use a wire slicker brush? I use a small one, and it pulls out dead hair when they are shedding.

When monty was almost a year, I mentioned, to his breeder's husband that his very rich chestnut was , unfortunately, going streaky with blondish bits. he said that this was fine and was because the hairs grew at different rates, but would come right again. He got his rich coat back, but does sometimes go streaky for a while.

Back