Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coughing :-(

Post Thanks / Like

Hello there,

Hope you all had a good Christmas. We're just back from Wales, which was very nice Charlie is still coughing a bit (mostly first thing in the morning), but he had a lovely time and was as good as gold in the car - just sat and dozed and was really calm. We stopped off quite a few times for break - he was really brill We had a lovely cottage with an open fire, and he got to have several little walks during the day. He's going back to the vet for a check up tomorrow - hopefully the Vetmedin will have had some effect.

Thank you all again for all your best wishes. I really do appreciate it - it's really nice to be able to post here and get help from people who really care.

And here's lots of photos from hols!! (he's not looking bad for 14, is he? )

Thank you,
    Pepsi x

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you made the trip. Charlie sure looks like he enjoyed himself.
    I had Rudee on Vetmedin for about six years and she was great on it. I even managed to decrease the dose from 1 tab twice daily to half tab twice daily and she had no problems with it. The pics are great and it's so wonderful to see such a beautiful 14 yr old boy enjoying himself.

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow, the photos are wonderful, and it looks like Charlie had a very nice time in Wales! He sure does have a nice comfy bed
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

(Just found your thread over here in the MVD forum.)

Charlie is beautiful, Pepsi. Loved the photos of him: he looks to have enjoyed his holiday.
    Sorry to hear about Izzy, too, Barbara. I understand about you moving to be near him during the night.
    I was the same with my little Dickens. I even made a pallet to be near him all thru the night. He sought out cold places, even outside on the pond ice or in the snow. At night alongside the colder exterior walls of the room. His legs gave out one night.
    As I was reading your notes about the night time coughing, I got to wondering if having their head and/or upper body elevated a bit would help? It does for humans sometimes. Just a thought.
    Hugs, Dorothy and Om

Post Thanks / Like

Pepsi,

Never mind about him not looking bad for a 14 yr old I think he's fab! I tell you what, if i still have my Maxx when he's 14 I will consider myself completely blessed

I'm so glad you all had a lovely time in wales, the cottage looks gorgeous and Charlie looks more than contented there

How is he doing now?

Post Thanks / Like

Hiya - Charlie is actually doing really well at the moment His coughing has got much better (we increased the diuretics, and added Vetmedin). He was also having problems with his back legs (stiffness & weakness) which seems to have got much better too.

So overall he's pretty good at the moment - he's happy and pretty lively for an old man. Long may it continue
    Pepsi x

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh that's wonderful news, really pleased to hear that he's doing well.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful news Hope he continues to do so well. He's such a gorgeous, dignified old man

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good news.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com