• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How Thoughtful

Linda

As you are all aware, Darby was neutered a week ago today and I myself was a mess. He is recovering very well and back to his naughty self, I beieve the Arnica helped him heal very nicely the bruising is almost all gone.

I was so touched yesterday afternoon, my Vet called to see how Darby was doing and if his stitches were healing nicely. :D

Once again, I don't think I will ever every change Vets.
That extra special touch and bedside manner she has means the world to me. :D :D :D

It is so nice and makes such a difference when a vet (or people doctor, for that matter ...) calls in and checks up, isn't it?

I'm glad you have such a great vet for your boys!! :)

I'm glad Darby is recovering well. :flwr:

Linda I am glad that that happened!! :) I love your vet and I don't even know him.

I myself am going to take Kosmo back home with me as you know but when he's there I'm getting my "country" vet to put him out and clean his teeth I thnk!! :yikes

She is SOOOOOO much cheaper than it is here and I know that practice so well I would trust them with my life.. the lady that's the vet now - her grandpa is a vet that started it and I grew up with her parents! 8) Didn't know her too well except for around the holidays but I guess that's because she was in vets school. :p

It makes a difference doesn't it!?

When my kitty was pts my vet called the next day to see how I was doing and the staff sent me flowers. It's worth the little extra they charge to know that they really do care.

Cathy T said:
It makes a difference doesn't it!?

When my kitty was pts my vet called the next day to see how I was doing and the staff sent me flowers. It's worth the little extra they charge to know that they really do care.

That's a nice thing to do.
the first vet i took zack to called a couple of days later to see how he was doing on medication, he had had diarrhea and they gave him flagyl, and then the front office woman called after two days and asked how he was doing. The feelinig of it was that this was follow up that was part of the whole assessment/treatment approach. They've called on all occasions when i consulted them. Once i came home and zack had gotten a little plastic container and had bitten off the cap, and i found pieces of the cap but i couldn't find all the pieces, and what i did find had sharp points on them, so i called that vet and asked for advice. They gave some suggestions, like feeding him bulky canned food to insulate the plastic foreign body. Then they called the next day to ask how he was doing.

Later I have mainly switched to another vet office and favorite vet, and she herself calls to follow up on how treatment is going, and after the neutering she called. The third vet office i've had him to has not called later to check.

It seems intelligent and thorough to me.

glad to hear darby is back to his bad red headed self. :p

Great news. :wggle: So glad Darby is doing better. He sure looked well in his new sweater from the pictures in the gallery!

It's so great to have a dedicated and caring vet. I've never dealt with a vet before having Coco. I was shocked when the vet called me the day after our appointment to see how Coco was doing when she was having frequent urination.

It's great to see vets so compassionate about their profession. :flwr:

in today's mail, i got a beautiful Christmas card from one of my (three) vet offices. Inside, they had all signed it, the vets and all the staff. i had expected it to have a printed signature. kind of gave me a nice feeling.
thought you would like the picture on the card, here it is

331378415_e6754ca3ab.jpg

Linda, so glad that Darby is back to normal. It's so helpful when the vet and staff care about our pups!

Wow, sounds like several people have wonderful vets. The phone calls and cards from them really mean a lot.

Glad to hear Darby has recovered!

That's a nice card, Judy, really sweet of them.

Back