• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Could not wait for Christmas

Joanne M

I just gave Tucker one of his presents. A miniature Cookie Monster doll. Tucker is having the time of his life thrashing poor Cookie from one end of the house to the other.

He is brutal on plush toys, especially toys intended for dogs. I have practically given up purchasing them because they are CRAP and do not last any longer than minutes, even the ones intended for tough chewers. I have much better luck with Fisher Price toys intended for babies. This one is for 18+ months old. I figure even if he rips the seam whatever comes out will not be poisonous. I still have to check constantly for big holes. For such a gentle, loving dog, he's a terror on these stuffed toys. He actually tosses them in the air, picks them up and goes racing down the hall, carrying whatever by a limb. If they are large enough he also enjoys a humping session with the poor dears. Fortunately Cookie Monster will not suffer this fate (as Winnie the Pooh did) because he is smaller and does not offer the size that Tucker needs to get a proper humping in. :jmp:

That frog doesn't look too comfortable lol

Sam is such a devastator too! No plush is safe when he's around. Once he even thought he could 'kill' the rug we gave him so he wouldn't have to lay on the cold tiles in the living room:
killingthebeast.jpg

He dragged it around the whole house! It was really funny to see!

Sam, you are too much! Like a caveman dragging home dinner.

Tucker, we have LOTS of flat dead carcass animals around our house too!

:lol: Coco has "killed" so many rugs too! She looked just like Sam, dragging huge rugs down the hallway. I had lots of rugs around the kitchen for her and she would just chew them up, then drag them from one room to another. It was hilarious. :roll:

All of my boys are terrible with stuffed toys. I have to sweep twice as often because the stuffing just gets everywhere!! Once they have a big enough hole in it I just take ALL of the fluff out and they thrash around the left over flappy toy. lol.

He has got himself quite a kill there!!! What a beast! :D

LOL! Too funny! Bentley likes to destroy his plush toys too, I have so many of them stashed away because he started to rip the stuffing out of them....even the ol' sock monkey couldn't withstand Bentley's attacks!

I make Tug of War toys for Tucker out of old clothing, something soft cotton and stretchy. They do not fray, I put several knots in a long strip of doubled fabric and we enjoy a good tug of war with them. Even if he chews on them they do not shred as all his dog tug of war/pulls do. They also wash and dry.

Naughty puppies at x-mas time, how i miss that!! I love how you can spend hours picking out the perfect present for them only to have it;
a)destroyed
or
b)ignored

You would think that as I have no dog I wouldn't be buying presents for dogs at x-mas however i've ended up buying my cousins dog a tennis ball and throwing stick, my friends puppy a koala teething toy and my other friends dog a 6 pack of greenies (treats that are good for their teeth) :lol:
Merry X-mas to all the dogs!!!! (and there owners :D )
I just love watching their reactions when they get a new treat or toy so adorable 8)

Hmmm, ok, why is Geordie 'different'? He doesn't destroy fabric toys, but if he get his paws and teeth on a soft vinyl toy, he will chew it to bits. I also have been keeping the fun little latex squeaky toys out of his reach when we're not playing fetch with them for fear he will tear them up.

He loves to run around carrying small stuffed animals in his mouth! :lol:

Back