• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maddy to be puppy of the day tomorrow on DailyPuppy.com

PamH

I sent in her pics and she will be the puppy of the day tomorrow. How exciting!

Congratulations!

Shall have to check out her photo! ;D

Which photo are they going to use??

I'm not sure which will be the main one. They will use several.
Please everyone, give her ten bones and some nice comments.
Pam

I emailed Maddy's breeder to let her know that Maddy was on dailypuppy.
She said the site is sponsored by puppy mills and she asked me to request that she not be on the site.
I do not want to contribute to puppy mills,
It may be too late to pull her picture as tomorrow's page is probably done, but I can ask that you ignore my request to vote for her etc.
Pam

If you look at the side and bottom of most yahoo groups, they too are sponsored by puppyfind.com or various famous mill sites. You can't escpate it, it doesn't mean you endorse it.

This is true; there are puppy mill ads in all the cavalier BREEDER discussion lists that have ad sponsorship. It is virtually impossible not to get the ads on any mailing list or site that uses random placement ad services. And a lot of good breeders use the online ad sites that also feature puppy mill and BYB cavaliers because it is important (I think) not to leave those sites just to the junk breeders.

To be honest, I'd politely ignore what the breeder says and enjoy her being featured. :) And we'll come vote for her. (y)

I have seen ads by excellent breeders (also recomended by the CKCS web site) on on puppyfind.com and on dailypuppy.com. It just takes someone who is willing to do their research and ask the right questions to figure out which is which (byb vs puppymill vs GREAT breeders). These websites aren't breed specific and usually aren't going to go through the trouble of researching each and every post so it is up to the buyer to do their homework.

I would be very proud of little Maddy because she is as sweet as pie!! Bask in your glory Maddy-licious!! Be sure to put up the link because she has my vote!!

I can understand your breeder's concern if there was going to be some way of questioning her integrity because of the site, or if there was a fear of getting callers from puppy mills who want her babies...but it is not like you are putting her name and address under Maddy's pic!!

Pam - congrats to you and Maddy!! Can you send us a link tomorrow to remind us to vote? :flwr: You're little baby is going to be a celebrity!!! How Fun!! :mexwav:

Here is the link
www.dailypuppy.com

This is what I did. There were already several comments recorded when I went in to the site. So I added a comment myself. I mentioned that I researched and found a good breeder. I also mentioned that she needed a lot of attention and that I was lucky my husband was home most of the day.
This way I feel I have added some information and tried to educate at the same time. It makes me feel better about it.

Miss Madelaine just got my 11 biscuit vote. What adorable pictures. I especially like the comment you posted about responsible breeders. That was a great idea.

Lani....I love your Avatar!

She's darling and your post was great about testing. I have never seen a decent breeder advertise on puppyfind.com, except one foreign one who didn't know any better. I had not heard of daily puppy before.

YAY Maddy!!!! You got some great comments under her pictures!! She is mighty precious! I think she is worth 20 biscuits!! :flwr:

Back